Ace Assembly for my friend.

Dec 31, 2010
I like the idea of having the aces go one at a time instead of placing 3 cards on top of the ace of spades immediately. I liked the surprise ending a lot. At the end you emphasize the Ace of hearts maybe a little to much, which might make a spectator wonder why that ace is shown a couple times, but the other to are shown only once. Just my opinion. Overall, it was excellent.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Not bad...the "get ready" at 0:27 is pretty obvious but would maybe fly by a layman. Towards the end, I don't really see a need to put the card box on that last pile because it almost gives it away that something is going to happen "there" instead of the other pile. Just my two cents. Thank you for sharing the video.

Obviously if you were doing it standing...your get ready move could be on the off beat when you allow your left hand to naturally fall to your side.

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
Thanks guys,

Rick - Usually that is the spectators hand. I didn't have a spectator so I used the card box instead. After they see each ace go one by one, this makes the last ace 'harder to go'. Plus it makes the magic happen under their hand. But yes, I see what you're saying.

Also, I probably should've done a pinky count instead of the push over. I tried to keep everything 'in frame' though, or I would've went by my side.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Not that you need to rush things, but I found my attention span starting to grow rather thin. The trick seemed to drag on for a while between the magical moments. Part of this is because I am a seasoned card magician and I am able to follow what you do without much issue, but I think a spectator would also start to get a little bored.

Technically, there is little I can say as far as criticism. You did rather well. I think you just need more refining on the actual performance side of the coin, as the technical side was good.

Great work.

L

Jul 17, 2011
I like it. I would only say that your DL looks a bit...too obvious. So I would work on that. But other than that, its excellent.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
Decent on the technical side.

The pacing with an assembly is important, watching John Bannon perform his should give you a good idea on pacing and maybe scripting with an ace assembly.

Dec 31, 2010
I like it. I would only say that your DL looks a bit...too obvious. So I would work on that. But other than that, its excellent.

His double lift is fine. To a spectator it wouldnt look wired at all. Even if you have one of the best double lifts, a magician will KNOW it is a double lift most the time, but might not actually SEE it split or something.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results