Impromptu Out Of This World?

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
Hey there,

I was wondering what the best impromptu out of this world might be where the spectator can shuffle a borrowed deck. If you have an idea where I could find such a thing please add a resource so I can look it up.

Thank you so much.
Cheers
Philipp

Edit:
I'm sorry. In another thread someone metioned HL's books and Paul Harris' Material. But can you be more specific about that and maybe list some other resouces.

Last edited by a moderator:

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
If you're able to do a very fast separation, any OOTW is impromptu. But there are simple ways to get set up FASDIU depending on your ultimate goal.

Lennert Green and Kostya Kimlat both have ways to do that. Or you could take Berglas' route and just do it while you chat with the audience.

If you don't want to do the entire deck, Jon Armstrong teaches one on an early issue of Reel Magic Magazine. I want to say it's around the 3rd issue of the first year.

Apr 17, 2013
UF Grant has a great one that goes from shuffle into the effect. No cull just right into it. Can be done FASDIU or even a borrowed deck.

Jul 13, 2010
Lorayne`s Impromptu OOTW can be found in "My favorite Card Tricks" (out of print). It`s also in "The Classic Collection Vol. 1" (stilll in print), which contains "My favorite Card Tricks".
It can and should be done with a borrowed, shuffled deck in use. It doesn`t need to be complete and it doesn`t have to be a Poker deck (any deck with two contrasting colors will work).
No sleight of hand required (although I do one small maneuver at some point which isn`t necessary but I prefer doing it that way) and completely self-working. I can assure it`s a very strong version of this trick and you can totally concentrate on your presentation and your audience.

Apr 17, 2013
Also the Gen grant version can be had, legally, for under $5. I know Harry charges the same $90 for the ebook as he does for the hard copy.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Also, Harry Lorayne sounds like that clip from The Critic. "Buy my book! Buy my Book!" Specially when nobody even asked him for his books.

Jul 13, 2010
I'm not endorsing Lorayne`s silly childish behaviour in any way, and I despise his viral marketing.
I really think he suffers from narcissistic personality disorder.
But to be honest, his (Green Monster)-fanboys are even worse than him.

Despite all that he wrote some good books (Regal book, Dingle Book, Cu-CM, Krenzel book, BOF and my favorite collection...Apocalypse).

Apr 17, 2013
I'm not endorsing Lorayne`s silly childish behaviour in any way, and I despise his viral marketing.
I really think he suffers from narcissistic personality disorder.
But to be honest, his (Green Monster)-fanboys are even worse than him.

Despite all that he wrote some good books (Regal book, Dingle Book, Cu-CM, Krenzel book, BOF and my favorite collection...Apocalypse).

Oh no he did write from great books. I keep hearing rumors that it is a PA who post for him. My only real issue with his stuff is the prices on the PDFs

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Oh no he did write from great books. I keep hearing rumors that it is a PA who post for him. My only real issue with his stuff is the prices on the PDFs

eBook pricing is exactly what has kept me from fully engaging in that particular realm of literature. I see no reason to pay the same price for a physical copy as an electronic copy unless the author is getting more out of the electronic copy. It's not like the publishers have to pay the same costs to create an eBook as a physical book. Not even close.

Apr 17, 2013
eBook pricing is exactly what has kept me from fully engaging in that particular realm of literature. I see no reason to pay the same price for a physical copy as an electronic copy unless the author is getting more out of the electronic copy. It's not like the publishers have to pay the same costs to create an eBook as a physical book. Not even close.

L and L sells their PDFs for $10 to $30 even some of the videos are dirt cheap. I got the Elmsley videos all four for $40

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Hey there,

I was wondering what the best impromptu out of this world might be where the spectator can shuffle a borrowed deck. If you have an idea where I could find such a thing please add a resource so I can look it up.

Impromptu is is a state of mind. If you perform something as if the deck is FASDU, then the audience will believe that it is. Why? Because you're the only one who knows that it isn't.

Get Card College Light. The first effect uses a deck that the spectator sees as being randomly shuffled and the spectator mixes up even further. The second effect is a OOTW variation. Killer.

Minch. Enough said.

L and L sells their PDFs for $10 to $30 even some of the videos are dirt cheap. I got the Elmsley videos all four for $40

You got ripped off. There are only three volumes. You saw the first volume twice.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Personally from a real world stand point, I doubt even if you DID have a deck that was set up in a particular order that anybody would even guess or suggest the idea. Otherwise, Tamariz, Darwin Ortiz or any other guys who use stacked decks would be using them.

So if you want, you could easily just have the deck already set up for OOTW and then do a false shuffle and cut, then do the effect and then move on to whatever else effect/routine you have planned. And, nobody would be the wiser. Though if you REALLY want to be gusty, you could borrow a deck, have them shuffle and cut it, then do a Switch and go into OOTW. It would completely fry most people. But for simplicities sake, just have it stacked, or do the stacking while having a conversation with them. Then false shuffle, and perform the routine and move on.

Jul 13, 2010
@RealityOne
I mean "Card Classics of Ken Krenzel", which was written by Harry Lorayne.
I`m not referring to "Ken Krenzel`s Relaxed Impossibilities" or "Ken Krenzel's Close-Up Impact" by Stephen Minch.

Jul 13, 2010
He was kidding. There was a well known joke when the Elmsley videos were first released:
"Have you seen the four Elmsley videos?"
"I haven`t seen the third one, but I have seen the first one twice" ;)

Apr 17, 2013
He was kidding. There was a well known joke when the Elmsley videos were first released:
"Have you seen the four Elmsley videos?"
"I haven`t seen the third one, but I have seen the first one twice" ;)

It;s kinda like the Harry Anderson TAOM lecture note joke then.

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
First of all:
The reason I am searching for an impromtu out of this world is when I do tablehopping I can't reset the deck every time.
- Gen grant version for 5 bucks
- Lorayne`s Impromptu OOTW can be found in "My favorite Card Tricks" (out of print). It`s also in "The Classic Collection Vol. 1" (stilll in print), which contains "My favorite Card Tricks"
- Where excatly can I find Lennart's Green Colour Seperation?
- I have problems with learning the cull but I am trying.

Thanks for all of your help.
Cheers
philipp

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
@RealityOne
I mean "Card Classics of Ken Krenzel", which was written by Harry Lorayne.
I`m not referring to "Ken Krenzel`s Relaxed Impossibilities" or "Ken Krenzel's Close-Up Impact" by Stephen Minch.

I know. I was just being snarky and implying that Relaxed Impossibilities is better because I'm a Stephen Minch fanboy.

@Phillip

If you are table hopping, do a deck switch. You've got your regular deck and then switch in a set up deck. Performing a non card trick makes a perfect justification to switch out the deck.

When you are done with Triumph assemble that deck, give it a false shuffle and put it away so you can switch it in for the next table.

Apr 17, 2013
First of all:
The reason I am searching for an impromtu out of this world is when I do tablehopping I can't reset the deck every time.
- Gen grant version for 5 bucks
- Lorayne`s Impromptu OOTW can be found in "My favorite Card Tricks" (out of print). It`s also in "The Classic Collection Vol. 1" (stilll in print), which contains "My favorite Card Tricks"
- Where excatly can I find Lennart's Green Colour Seperation?
- I have problems with learning the cull but I am trying.

Thanks for all of your help.
Cheers
philipp

With the Gen Grant version there is no set up. There is no cull. There is no need for an extra deck or a deck switch. It is truly impromptu with any deck that goes straight from the spectator shuffling to you going into the effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results