What are you Working on right now?

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Let's get some discussion going!

The great thing about the cardistry community is that every individual is relentlessly working on something. Whether is be a particular move, making one of their own, or even have a particular goal they are working towards; no one is settling down for 'good enough'.

Do you have a goal you're working towards? Are you trying to clean up a move you are learning? Or are you making something new for the cardistry community?

What are you working on?

magicdamadude

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I have been really working hard on doing one handed cuts in both hands recently. One of my goals is to be proficient with some difficult cuts even in my off hand so I can do more. The current ones I'm working on are Around The Block - Dimitri Arleri and I'm having trouble with L-cuts, but hopefully soon it'll just click for me.

I'm also really into the isolation ideas so I've been constantly sticking cards to my fingers and playing in the mirror.

Duncan F.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
I'm working on learning some flourishes from the Spingod pack as well as some from Vortex. But I'm always practicing my own flourishes and trying to take them in new exciting directions. I also need to figure out what to do for my next video. I have a lot to work on lol.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
I have been really working hard on doing one handed cuts in both hands recently. One of my goals is to be proficient with some difficult cuts even in my off hand so I can do more. The current ones I'm working on are Around The Block - Dimitri Arleri and I'm having trouble with L-cuts, but hopefully soon it'll just click for me.

I'm also really into the isolation ideas so I've been constantly sticking cards to my fingers and playing in the mirror.

I'm working on a some one-handed stuff as well. I'm not able to use my off hand at the moment (injury). I'm working on Erdnase Go Round, Deck Flips, and French Manicure. I seriously hate thumb cuts at the moment as they are a big reminder that I have small hands.
I'll have to look up Around the Block, but I do know that L-Cuts will take some time to do. And I think Ekaterina has a tutorial for false L-Cuts in 'Pure', from what I've heard. If you're interested. Good luck and let me know if you need help with some of the one handed stuff.

I'm working on learning some flourishes from the Spingod pack as well as some from Vortex. But I'm always practicing my own flourishes and trying to take them in new exciting directions. I also need to figure out what to do for my next video. I have a lot to work on lol.

I think I have seen the preview to Spingod and it looks amazing. Good choice! How many of your own flourishes are you working on?

Duncan F.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
I think I have seen the preview to Spingod and it looks amazing. Good choice! How many of your own flourishes are you working on?
I've got about 5 that I've been working on for years. I'm pretty happy with 3 of them, but the rest need to be updated so that they are a bit more original. I am having a lot of fun with SpinGod though. There are 2 one-handed utility moves in there that I'm sure you'd like.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
I've got about 5 that I've been working on for years. I'm pretty happy with 3 of them, but the rest need to be updated so that they are a bit more original. I am having a lot of fun with SpinGod though. There are 2 one-handed utility moves in there that I'm sure you'd like.

I remember seeing Spingod in the MxC contest from last year. I knew that's what I remembered it from.

I've been scouring for these two cuts. There's a picture of 'Spinny' and it seems like you need to buy the bundle to get the other one. I like the idea of Spinny! A two packet 'two card twirl' of sorts.
You have names picked out for your flourishes?

Duncan F.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
I remember seeing Spingod in the MxC contest from last year. I knew that's what I remembered it from.

I've been scouring for these two cuts. There's a picture of 'Spinny' and it seems like you need to buy the bundle to get the other one. I like the idea of Spinny! A two packet 'two card twirl' of sorts.
You have names picked out for your flourishes?
I haven't learned Spinny yet, but I will because it's one of the few one-handed cuts that's done with your non-dominant hand. The other move is called Flippy. It's similar to the one handed cut used in Nimbus if you're familiar with that one. You basically pull a packet off the bottom of the deck with your thumb and pinky and flip it around the deck so that it lands on top.

I've always had a hard time with names. I usually try to base it on the way it feels or the inspiration behind it. So far the names are: Flop, Riptide, Sway, Silk, and Ripple. But Ripple has evolved into something new, so I don't know what to call it now :/

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
I haven't learned Spinny yet, but I will because it's one of the few one-handed cuts that's done with your non-dominant hand. The other move is called Flippy. It's similar to the one handed cut used in Nimbus if you're familiar with that one. You basically pull a packet off the bottom of the deck with your thumb and pinky and flip it around the deck so that it lands on top.

I've always had a hard time with names. I usually try to base it on the way it feels or the inspiration behind it. So far the names are: Flop, Riptide, Sway, Silk, and Ripple. But Ripple has evolved into something new, so I don't know what to call it now :/

Floppy sounds almost exactly like a move on the Wire: Knacky Hacky Sacky. They sound very similar from what you described.

Anyway, it sounds like the only difference is that KHS takes the packet you acquire with your thumb and
Pinky and continuously peel cards on top of the deck.

Duncan F.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Floppy sounds almost exactly like a move on the Wire: Knacky Hacky Sacky. They sound very similar from what you described.

Anyway, it sounds like the only difference is that KHS takes the packet you acquire with your thumb and
Pinky and continuously peel cards on top of the deck.
It's sorta like KHS, but KHS holds the packet in a straddle grip between the pinky and thumb. Flippy holds the packet at opposing corners, allowing it to spin around the deck before it lands on top.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
It's sorta like KHS, but KHS holds the packet in a straddle grip between the pinky and thumb. Flippy holds the packet at opposing corners, allowing it to spin around the deck before it lands on top.

That's true, I was just going off of the bottom packet peel with the thumb and pinky. I'd imagine you'd have to bust your knuckles a bit for finger stretching

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results