Hardest Tutorial you've learned from.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
All right. We have all needed flourish tutorials in order to acquire a larger inventory of tools.

However, some tutorials almost seem like they make a Point to be harder to learn from than doing the flourish itself.

And I say this because it's taken me the better part of a week now wat hing ONE tutorial that has almost made me throw my IPhone at a wall.

That tutorial would be Ladisias' 'Recto Verso'. It's an intricate flourish, I will give it that. But the tutorial is quieter than a silent movie, no text, no helpful animations. Just the flourish done super slow with camera angles that cut to different (and sometimes not helpful) angles.

And I thought the tutorial for 'Rinzler' was tough. No, sir. 'Recto Verso' is like if your brain punched itself in the balls. For $2, that tutorial was bonkers difficult.

So, what flourish has frustrated you more than any other tutorial you have so far?

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Well, if you're getting a tutorial for a difficult flourish, you know what you're getting into.

I'm going for a flourish that looks something along the lines of you watching it and thinking, 'I can't believe that this tutorial was made this way!'

Basically, you waste a week or two just to get the mechanics of the flourish down because the tutorial...wasn't the best

Mar 6, 2012
Learning Rev. Erdnase (Dan and Dave's The System) was the hardest thing in the world. I played the "explanation" over a hundred times

Duncan F.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
For me it would have to be Nimbus by Chase Duncan. He starts off by telling you the prerequisite move is 80% of the flourish, and then glosses over it. The rest of the flourish was taught really well, but the One-handed cut needed a LOT more explaining.

Mar 7, 2015
I downloaded Outbreak in App Store and I hate those tutorials. Same with all the apps by Dan and Dave, for example Vortex or AVIV. Great cardists and great cuts, but shitty tutorials.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
I got 'Recto Verso' from the Outbreak app. Good lord I hate it. It took me 4 days to get the flourish down from a LOT of guesswork. I can do it now. But every flourish taught in it is quieter than a silent film and about as helpful as a rabbid cat in the pants

Nov 9, 2013
For me it would have to be Nimbus by Chase Duncan. He starts off by telling you the prerequisite move is 80% of the flourish, and then glosses over it. The rest of the flourish was taught really well, but the One-handed cut needed a LOT more explaining.
I have to disagree, I think that Chase almost went into too much explanation on the one-handed cuts. Maybe my memory is being nice towards him, but I really think that the tutorials for NB3 were done perfectly.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results