Food Magic

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Surprise surprise! I like props and weird stuff.

So I'm looking around for magic effects or props that look like food. The only one I can think off the top of my head:

Overstuft
&
Magical Burger

I'm thinking of making a set that uses 'food magic'. At least, I think it would be funny.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
A few off the top of my head:

Healed and Sealed
Sponge Bananas (can be used in any sponge ball routine)
Vanishing Coke Bottle (or it's many variations)
There is a trick in Art of Astonishment where you unscrew an apple and then put it back together again (yeah...seriously...)

Just a few ideas. I guess you could say...wait for it....food for thought...;)

Rev

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I completely forgot that I have Ray Kosby's Impossible Close-Up Magic.

In there is 'The Bite': a color changing Apple.

It's a neat trick that's more comical in nature, but not strong enough to be a 'stand alone' trick. But 'The Bite' is one of those tricks to where you're watching the tutorial of how it's done and wonder HOW someone could have figured a way to do that in the first place.

Anyway.

In the routine, he has someone shuffle cards (it could count as misdirection, but it's really plays better if you immediately transition into another effect after people notice that the apple changed colors.)

If anyone is curious, it's the last trick in this video (even though I think all the tricks are worth watching. 'The Bite' and the trick using the Goshman sponge '4' are the EASIEST tricks on that DVD. The hardest being 'Osmosis' which is the coin trick also seen in the video). The secret for that one is just bonkers to hear him SAY. Anyway, I'm going off on tangents. 'The Bite' is the last trick if anyone wants to see it.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
My 13 year old is very good at making a whole pizza disappear.

Off the top of my head, Vanishing Bandana, Apples and Oranges (from Steinmeyer's Conjuring Anthology), Magic Candy Maker (turns sugar into candy), Magic Milk Pitcher, Bill in Lemon (orange, kiwi, etc.), Airborne (floating glass while pouring), Orange Lemon Egg Canary, Dove Pan, Champagne Production (splash bottle), Miser's Dream with Cookies, Jeff Prace's Gum, Oreo Cookie Routines (I'm thinking of one done on the first EMC and a bitten and restored Oreo), multiplying bottles, Mojo by John Kennedy, Gazzo's Cups and Balls (fruit and melon finale) and Cyril's burger trick:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results