Patrified - Patrick Kun (Patter ideas)

Sep 20, 2015
I recently bought Patrified by Patrick Kun. I made this purchase without too much thought because of how visual most of the routines were. Now that I have learned some of them I am at a loss to how to incorporate patter into the routines. Some of the "moves" that are done don't have proper justification (in my opinion), so I want to know what you guys think about all of this. Thanks!

Hashim Amin

Jun 13, 2013
I don't own the magic myself so without knowing the sleights it's hard to know exactly what to say. However, he does say in the trailer that it's modern magic that's straight to the point.

Straight to the point to me doesn't read magic that can have patter. It's visual and quick and the setting he is performing in a loud club isn't exactly a place where talking is helpful when it's to loud to be heard.

So on one hand it could be you've gone where I am sure lots of us have been. Purchased magic that at the time sounded great but in reality you will never actually use. But the final effect in the video the snowbound one seems like a nice place to play with the idea of how you find someone's card. You just remove all the cards except their selection to find it. It's just done under cover and quickly so as to not be seen.

That's just a quick first thing that comes to my head but if I get some more ideas I will shoot them your way

Jun 13, 2013
Okay, thanks for the input. On a side note, what are you doing up at 2 am?? :p

That is a good question...I definitely was not up that late, it must think I live on the east coast?

Hope you find some good uses for your effects. Maybe look into Larry Haas' Transformations book

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results