Would You Pay For This?

Dec 30, 2014
Hey Guys, I came up with this effect a couple of months ago and would like to see what you guys think. I know the filming isn't the best but I think you can tell what's going on. When I hopefully release this effect I will also include a not so good impromptu version as well as a bonus trick you can do with the torn cards. How much would you pay for this? Thanks

Tornspo - A spectator selects a card, you take the card tear it into two, show the spectator the two pieces and place one half face down in there hand and the other half face up as a kind of receipt. Another spectator then selects another card. You tear the card exactly the same as you did the first and place one half face down and one face up. With just a tap the two face down half's change places. you can then show that the 'receipts' match perfectly with its other half.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
How much would you pay for this?

Honestly, nothing. The method is obvious and would be obvious to anyone who knows any torn and restored card routine and Wayne Houchin's French Kiss. A better handling would be to have the spectator tear the card and use a billet switch or a card loading technique using the torn halves to accomplish the dirty work.

Dec 30, 2014
Honestly, nothing. The method is obvious and would be obvious to anyone who knows any torn and restored card routine and Wayne Houchin's French Kiss. A better handling would be to have the spectator tear the card and use a billet switch or a card loading technique using the torn halves to accomplish the dirty work.
Oh... Ok thank you I don't know any TnR's so I didn't know this. Thanks :)

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Actually, I was able to rewatch the video on a computer (rather than a phone). Part of the method doesn't seem to be what I had though. I'll PM you my thoughts on what the method is. If it is what I think, it is a good idea but my sense still is that it isn't that substantial of an improvement over French Kiss to justify buying it.

Dec 30, 2014
Actually, I was able to rewatch the video on a computer (rather than a phone). Part of the method doesn't seem to be what I had though. I'll PM you my thoughts on what the method is. If it is what I think, it is a good idea but my sense still is that it isn't that substantial of an improvement over French Kiss to justify buying it.
Ok thank you I'll keep on creating

Sep 20, 2016
Personally, I really like it. I think that I have caught the method, but I cant see any spectators figuring it out if performed correctly. I could see paying a few bucks for it.

Reactions: Toby Langdon
Dec 30, 2014
Personally, I really like it. I think that I have caught the method, but I cant see any spectators figuring it out if performed correctly. I could see paying a few bucks for it.
Thank you very much :) I'm going to perfect it first and then I might release it. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results