Revolution cut help?

Sep 22, 2017
I'm just beginning cardistry, and i have been practicing the revolution cut. My problem is that whenever I rotate the top packet, cards slide off. I don't know if it's something with my cards or if I'm doing something wrong. (I'm using citizens) Someone please help.

Mar 15, 2017
I'm guessing that you haven't broken your deck in yet, or you're holding the deck too high (with the fingertips).

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Jul 13, 2014
Try doing it with just two cards. this will be a good way to practice avoiding tension. It's ok if you need to separate them with the other hand to get things started. once your comfortable, add more until it gets hard again. Repeat.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Hold the deck at the very fingertips, and drop the bottom packet completely. Chances are your hand is to tensed up. When you rotate the packet, you essentially transfer it into a modified straddle grip, where your pinky isn't used at all, and your thumb is off to the side too (clipping the bottom packet if you want).

Aug 15, 2017
I'm just beginning cardistry, and i have been practicing the revolution cut. My problem is that whenever I rotate the top packet, cards slide off. I don't know if it's something with my cards or if I'm doing something wrong. (I'm using citizens) Someone please help.
It is one of those phases which everyone goes through and it just
1)corrects itself
2)proves you are in the right track
unless of course, this 'phase' lasts for,say, a month or so.
Less than that, it should be okay,kinda like the muscle pass, the coin will always slide to the left (if you are using the right hand) after a few days...it proves you are OK

Feel free to correct me anyone

PS:- by the time you see this, you probably have overcome your problem :)

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
It is one of those phases which everyone goes through and it just
1)corrects itself
2)proves you are in the right track
unless of course, this 'phase' lasts for,say, a month or so.
Less than that, it should be okay,kinda like the muscle pass, the coin will always slide to the left (if you are using the right hand) after a few days...it proves you are OK

Feel free to correct me anyone

PS:- by the time you see this, you probably have overcome your problem :)
Yes and No

Yes because some moves, like the muscle pass as you said, require a bit of mess up before you can get it down perfect.

No because some moves will just be learned wrong, and should be corrected whenever possible.

Yea, he's gonna mess up at first, but it shouldn't last longer than maybe a hundred cuts tops.

Aug 15, 2017
Yes and No

Yes because some moves, like the muscle pass as you said, require a bit of mess up before you can get it down perfect.

No because some moves will just be learned wrong, and should be corrected whenever possible.

Yea, he's gonna mess up at first, but it shouldn't last longer than maybe a hundred cuts tops.
Right

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results