Best DVD to buy to compliment BOBO Coin Magic book

Sep 18, 2017
What do you guys recommend regarding a DVD to get to compliment working through BOBO's or generally to learn Coin magic as a beginner an onward?
I was looking at the Modern Coin Magic DVD Metal from Eric Jones?
Thoughts?

Sep 18, 2017
The Metal series, yeah. Volumes 1 and 2 are all sleight of hand, volume 3 is gaffs.

So you think that is a good one to buy and work through those? Or if I am buying is there something better?
I also saw the David Roth series and an introduction to coin magic by Michael Ammar.. not even sure if they are available to buy...
which would be the most beneficial if I can only get one?

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Metal is good! Roth would be a good resource as well as he uses a ton of the classic sleights.

If you want something a bit different, look into shoot ogawa's coin work. The japanese style of coin magic is a bit different but may be worth looking into.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Ben Salinas has a great dvd with Magic Makers where you can see almost every sleight in the book. It's good, there's some inaccuracies but it's pretty great.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
The Metal DVD will not be restocked. They are switching over to DL only for that product (and most others when possible).

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
It's a solid DVD and Eric Jones is a good teacher. If you're going to perform coin magic, it's totally worth it.

Jul 26, 2016
Coffeeparamedic: I highly recommend this DVD by arguably the greatest (or certainly one of the greatest) coin masters of our time. It is hard to imagine getting a better return on an investment of just over $20. This will give you a very solid foundation upon which to build and set you on the road to coin mastery yourself.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S20957

Reactions: Boomer
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results