Are there statistic on most picked cards by spectators? Where can I find it?

Nov 10, 2017
Hey guys

so whenever you ask a spectator to say a card out loud some cards are more picked than others, so I was wondering if there are any studies on the most picked cards like... A table with order of most picked ones or something like that.
Any place where this stuff is discussed?

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I don't know if there are stats but...

For males, the Ace of Spades, King of Spades, and King or Jack of Diamonds (?) is one of the first choices.
For females, ace of hearts, queen of hearts and diamonds are normally the ones right off the bat.
The 9 of clubs is the least chosen card.
In my experience, the "7s" are normally the most picked when you ask them to pick one but not make it to obvious. Following those are 6s and 5s.

The suits are picked in this order (from most to least)
Hearts, Spades, Diamonds, Clubs

Oct 23, 2014
David Blaine has a very detailed list for men and women in his autobiography (which is a fun read by the way). I believe the top three for each were as follows:

Men: Ace, King, and Jack of Spades, with 7 of Spades or Clubs as a runner up.
Women: Queen of Hearts, Queen of Diamonds, 7 of Hearts.

Reactions: Josh Burch
Based on personal experience when performing Kolossal Killer, it's usually the Ace of Hearts. Doesn't matter the gender, it's just what I have found most people gravitate towards. I performed it five times in a row at different locations and each time it was the Ace of Hearts.

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
From my experience, people who don't know cards usually say Queen of Hearts (these are usually the people who call clubs "clovers" and Aces "A's". Although I did get "10 of stars" once.). For people who do know about cards, usually the first card to come to mind is an ace, usually the Ace of Spades. And when asked to pick something random, it's almost always a 7. This is my experience though

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
From my experience, people who don't know cards usually say Queen of Hearts (these are usually the people who call clubs "clovers" and Aces "A's". Although I did get "10 of stars" once.). For people who do know about cards, usually the first card to come to mind is an ace, usually the Ace of Spades. And when asked to pick something random, it's almost always a 7. This is my experience though
I agree, I get 7 wayyy too much.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Oct 23, 2014
Another fun fact is that 80% of the time, if you ask someone to pick a number between 1 and 10, they will pick 7. The next most likely is 4.

One of my proudest memories is when I was first dating my wife, I asked her to pick a number between 1 and 10. I told her it was 7, and she was blown away--then I explained the statistic. She goes, "well what am I thinking of now?" "Four," I said. The look on her face was priceless.

You can practice sleights for days, and it's always the dumb stuff that kills.

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
Another fun fact is that 80% of the time, if you ask someone to pick a number between 1 and 10, they will pick 7. The next most likely is 4.

One of my proudest memories is when I was first dating my wife, I asked her to pick a number between 1 and 10. I told her it was 7, and she was blown away--then I explained the statistic. She goes, "well what am I thinking of now?" "Four," I said. The look on her face was priceless.

You can practice sleights for days, and it's always the dumb stuff that kills.
I've gotten some of the best reactions from blowing on a pencil. When the methods are simpler, there's less to "catch" and think about and thus, they're usually more deceptive.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results