Clipshift Help

Dec 26, 2017
Hi, so I'm new to this forum and signed up because im really confused what I'm doing wrong.

I've been practicing the clipshift sleight for a few days, but im struggling with getting the card squared away with one hand. As I pull the bottom card to the top, I get it past the top card, but im unable to reach with my index finger to get it squared onto the deck. Is there anything you guys would suggest me do that would fix this problem? Thanks!

Reactions: Tadeumagalhaesbg
Mar 15, 2017
For starters, in the future, instead of learning a paid trick for free off Youtube, purchase it; it supports the artist and you aren't learning from stolen content. Now for the Clipshift, it is a difficult move, a few days won't change much, months and months of practice are required to get down the Clipshift, so don't give up on it.

Dec 26, 2017
For starters, in the future, instead of learning a paid trick for free off Youtube, purchase it; it supports the artist and you aren't learning from stolen content. Now for the Clipshift, it is a difficult move, a few days won't change much, months and months of practice are required to get down the Clipshift, so don't give up on it.
Purchase it. Surfaced by Chad Nelson actually teaches it properly.
Thank you so much. Definitely will.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
In general terms, a properly produced product will almost always teach something better than a tutorial on YouTube. The few exceptions are when a creator decides to upload their own work, which does happen sometimes.

The added benefit of buying the product is that you show respect to the creator, instead of telling them that their work is worth nothing.

Reactions: Minersof49ers
Dec 26, 2017
In general terms, a properly produced product will almost always teach something better than a tutorial on YouTube. The few exceptions are when a creator decides to upload their own work, which does happen sometimes.

The added benefit of buying the product is that you show respect to the creator, instead of telling them that their work is worth nothing.
That's true. I guess I've never thought of the work that goes into tricks as being made. Thank you for that though. Much appreciated.

Dec 26, 2017
Gave up the ghost and paid the 12$ for the single trick. 30 minute video for the entire thing- that's what I'm talking about.

Dec 26, 2017
I'm still really upset though. I don't expect to get this in one day, but I really can't figure out how to make my index finger slide the clipped card over to square up the deck.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I'm still really upset though. I don't expect to get this in one day, but I really can't figure out how to make my index finger slide the clipped card over to square up the deck.
The Clip shift is one of the hardest moves to get down smoothly. It'll take at least a week of off and on practice to actually get down the moves, and probably another month or 2 to get it down smoothly

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Congratulations on getting it that far! If you are having trouble sliding the card around perhaps you need a fresh deck of cards, or some Aristocrats. If you just can't reach it, then what they said. Watch the video over and over and check your finger positions. Good luck, and just assume it will take months. I need to get back to working on mine!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
You can do it with any deck, once you've practiced enough. I actually prefer a fairly worn in deck, personally.

I worked on the Clipshift lightly for about a year before I felt it was even close to performance quality. I think I felt competent in the mechanics of it in maybe two months.

You're just starting. Practice more, and practice properly.

Dec 26, 2017
The Clip shift is one of the hardest moves to get down smoothly. It'll take at least a week of off and on practice to actually get down the moves, and probably another month or 2 to get it down smoothly
Congratulations on getting it that far! If you are having trouble sliding the card around perhaps you need a fresh deck of cards, or some Aristocrats. If you just can't reach it, then what they said. Watch the video over and over and check your finger positions. Good luck, and just assume it will take months. I need to get back to working on mine!
You can do it with any deck, once you've practiced enough. I actually prefer a fairly worn in deck, personally.

I worked on the Clipshift lightly for about a year before I felt it was even close to performance quality. I think I felt competent in the mechanics of it in maybe two months.

You're just starting. Practice more, and practice properly.
Okay, thank you guys! I will do that, I'm probably just being impatient with myself. xd

Hi, so I'm new to this forum and signed up because im really confused what I'm doing wrong.

I've been practicing the clipshift sleight for a few days, but im struggling with getting the card squared away with one hand. As I pull the bottom card to the top, I get it past the top card, but im unable to reach with my index finger to get it squared onto the deck. Is there anything you guys would suggest me do that would fix this problem? Thanks!

I think you’re new to magic... this is why you expect the clipshift to click in a few days... it’ll take time. Get the original dvd by chad Nelson, as you’ll support him for sharing this amazing technique and actually learn it properly!

I’ve been doing it for some time now and I just love it! Don’t give up on it.

On the other hand, if I’m right and you’re really new into magic, I’d waste my time in other stuff for now! Hood luck!

Dec 26, 2017
I think you’re new to magic... this is why you expect the clipshift to click in a few days... it’ll take time. Get the original dvd by chad Nelson, as you’ll support him for sharing this amazing technique and actually learn it properly!

I’ve been doing it for some time now and I just love it! Don’t give up on it.

On the other hand, if I’m right and you’re really new into magic, I’d waste my time in other stuff for now! Hood luck!

I've actually been doing magic for quite some time, but I usually end up getting most slights down within a few days. The clipshift, however, took longer than I was expecting. But yes, I did buy the DVD and it helped alot.

Thank you!

Reactions: Tadeumagalhaesbg
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results