Trick idea

Nov 28, 2017
I have an idea for an effect where the spectator names a card and in my pocket is the card they named.
I have a couple of preferences.
1. Works nearly all the time or all the time.
2. The spectator goes into the pocket and take their named card out.
3. It is or seems like a freely named card.
If anybody has any ideas on techniques for me to look into pm me.
Otherwise if this effect is already out there just put it below.
Thankyou!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Advocate won't allow the volunteer to reach into the pocket unless extra steps are taken, but will fulfill all other criteria.

There's probably more than a dozen ways to make it seem like the OP's exact criteria are being met. Personally I'd probably use equivoque and multiple outs.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Advocate won't allow the volunteer to reach into the pocket unless extra steps are taken, but will fulfill all other criteria.

There's probably more than a dozen ways to make it seem like the OP's exact criteria are being met. Personally I'd probably use equivoque and multiple outs.
There are definitely a ton of ways to do it.

The way Madison teaches it in the video, the card is about 3/4ths of the way out of the pocket. I can't see a spectator fully putting their hand into a strangers pocket when they can easily grab the corner of the card and pull it out. And of course, you can always cop it and put it into your back pocket, which is what I would do.

Nov 28, 2017

The way Madison teaches it in the video, the card is about 3/4ths of the way out of the pocket. I can't see a spectator fully putting their hand into a strangers pocket when they can easily grab the corner of the card and pull it out. And of course, you can always cop it and put it into your back pocket, which is what I would do.

I got the advocate and its such a good trick I use it for all sorts. I just need somthing totally clean,a and I do use it to achive this effect.

Aug 6, 2017

Agree. You can have it sticking up a little more.

Reactions: Maaz Hasan

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
I forget the name of the effect and who it is by, but basically you place the entire deck in your pocket and they reach in and take out the chosen card. Free choice (they can grab any card) and it works 100% of the time. You will need to force the card but it is super fair. It fooled me then i felt stupid once i learned the method....

Oct 6, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I forget the name of the effect and who it is by, but basically you place the entire deck in your pocket and they reach in and take out the chosen card. Free choice (they can grab any card) and it works 100% of the time. You will need to force the card but it is super fair. It fooled me then i felt stupid once i learned the method....

I can't remember but this sounds like something from Royal Road.

Jul 28, 2015
Instead of naming you could have them freely shuffle and cut to a card, they name the card, you then procede to remove they're card with a different colored back from pocket, you can have the card slightly showing to give it a mystery card type of presentation if you want... the effect is the same in the spectators eyes

Apr 25, 2017
Is it a o** w** f**** deck?

Dec 5, 2015
With something like this, I would suggest to equivoque but it limits you to only face cards. You could learn different versions from Joshua Jay's "Inferno", Chris Ramsey's "Red Pill", and Chris Ramsey's At The Table Lecture.

Dec 19, 2017
I have an effect.
It works with Instagram.
I uploaded a photo of a playing card in Instagram.
And I ask my spectator to name a card .it is a freely Named card with no restriction.
The photo in found to be spectator Named card and it is uploaded before a day or 1 week ago

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results