New Effect

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
I have an idea for a new effect. As far as I've researched it has never been done before.
It requires little to no sleight of hand. The gimmick will allow the performer to focus solely on presentation.
The problem I have is creating the gimmick.
It's not something you can do at home.
Honestly I'm not even sure why I'm posting this lol. I want help to develop this, but I'm terrified someone will steal it from me.
Any advice from you creators and builders would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

C J

Nov 29, 2017
Don’t worry I’ll gladly steal this from you.;)

I seriously I believe that there are a few smaller companies that do things like that but its gona cost you. Personally I would just get a couple of magic buddies and try to make it because the alternative is again going to cost lots of money.

May 3, 2018
New Mexico
If you can’t build it yourself, write down everything you can, draw as many plans as you can. Seal all of it in an envelope and mail it to yourself. When you receive it , DON’T open it. The postage will be stamped and you’ll have a “poor mans copyright “

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey

What is needed to create the gimmick? Wood working skills, metal working skills, 3D printing, plastic injection molding, card splitting skills, printing skills? That really is what decides how you do that.

Reactions: Peter Slim

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
If you can’t build it yourself, write down everything you can, draw as many plans as you can. Seal all of it in an envelope and mail it to yourself. When you receive it , DON’T open it. The postage will be stamped and you’ll have a “poor mans copyright “

Technically, a copyright doesn't cover an invention. Rather, it covers an artistic work. Patents cover an invention.

Further, all you need to have a copyright is to publish the material with a "© 2018" and your name in the document.

What you are suggesting would be proof of the date of invention which would be able to defeat someone else's patent if they can't prove they had a prior date of invention. However, your method would not be sufficient to prevent someone else from copying your idea unless you actually file for and obtain a patent.

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
Rubber molding.. is what would be needed.
I've used the "poor man's copyright" when I drew my own comics when I was a kid.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
I have an idea for a new effect. As far as I've researched it has never been done before.
It requires little to no sleight of hand. The gimmick will allow the performer to focus solely on presentation.
Honestly I'm not even sure why I'm posting this lol. I want help to develop this, but I'm terrified someone will steal it from me.
Any advice from you creators and builders would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Feel free to PM me. I am a creator in the industry and not about to ruin my rep by stealing someone else's work ;) lol seriously though you are welcome to PM me if you have questions.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results