Magic stream

Oct 2, 2018
Just getting into card magic, and found magic stream. Searched the forums here, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. While $99/yr is doable, I'm looking at 3 items which add up to $50 or so...crash course 1 &2 and sleight school...possibly ninja also. Maybe take the next year and really hone those skills. Was wondering how many real "core " card tricks most people have. Just want maybe ten good solid ones to start and go from there. Any direction for a noob would be great.

Jan 2, 2016
California
I know way too many card tricks. As far as the one's I would call "core" tricks though, easily less than 10. My definition of "core" would be the tricks I perform most often and that I feel comfortable doing.
Although, even that's been built up over the past few years. That's sort of why I have such a large collection of tricks that I "can do". I just constantly learn new things and if it's an effect/plot I like, I start practicing the trick more often and performing it more. That's how I've sorta built up those core effects.
That was just my way of going about it though. I wouldn't suggest the "learn as much as possible and see what you like" route for everyone though. I'd suggest you pick out a few (like 1 or 2) tricks you like and work on those for awhile until you have them down and repeat the process.

Reactions: DaveWmson

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
Try Reel Magic first only $5 a month. No, long term commitment.

http://www.reelmagicmagazine.com

Each "Issue" of Reel Magic Magazine is filled with a lot of content that runs for around 2 hours, and includes the following:

- Feature Interview: Each issue has a feature interview with a big name performer.
- Columns: Regular columns by well known names like the king of bar magic, Doc Eason.
- Reviews: David Regal is a regular here, and does a fantastic job with showcasing some of the latest and greatest magic on the market.
- Tricks: Typically this includes three magicians each teaching a new trick, often a Reel Magic exclusive.

- Tuesday Night Tricks (TNT): Each year there is a new "Season" consisting of eight weeks, in which each Tuesday night there's a new trick.
- Trio: Each installment consists of three tricks from a single magician.
- Lectures: Live lectures from big name magicians around the world.
- Lecture Notes: Mini ebooks in PDF format with selected tricks from various magicians.
- Online Courses: Several video courses that cover topics like ring magic and restaurant magic.
- Interviews: Interviews that you won't find elsewhere, that offer the complete interview that was edited down a magazine issue.
- Other Videos: Other magic-related videos that don't really fit into any of the above categories.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=675334&forum=236

CoreyHarris

Elite Member
May 5, 2018
Kansas City, MO
I have magic stream and really enjoy it for some of the older stuff, Justin Miller has some great things on there and there are a few projects on there that might give you a little extra.

I also have ReelMagicMagazine and it is great for some of the extras that you get.

Core Effect wise, that is kind of difficult to answer as it changes. I like to keep things fresh. I guess I would say I have about 3 - 5 constants and change everything else at a semi regular rate when needed.

Reactions: DaveWmson
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results