Fanning Powder

Aug 9, 2019
I'm not sure if this is the right place to write this thread here but anyways, I got an old deck of cards and I need some fanning powder. The only problem is that since I'm from New Zealand, I am unable to find any fanning powder from any shop. Any fanning powder substitutes?

Edit: Well, while looking into a cabinet, I found some baby powder that has mostly Zinc Sterate and cornstarch in it (which I think fanning powder is primarily made out of) and I'm wondering if it works.

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
I'm not sure if this is the right place to write this thread here but anyways, I got an old deck of cards and I need some fanning powder. The only problem is that since I'm from New Zealand, I am unable to find any fanning powder from any shop. Any fanning powder substitutes?

Edit: Well, while looking into a cabinet, I found some baby powder that has mostly Zinc Sterate and cornstarch in it (which I think fanning powder is primarily made out of) and I'm wondering if it works.
I don't know of any good substitutes. But DONT use the baby powder. It just makes the clumping worse by absorbing the moisture in you hands. I tried on a deck of monarchs:'(

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
From what I've heard, fanning powder is really iffy. It may fix your deck, but it could also ruin it if done incorrectly. If you do want to buy it though, your best bet is just to buy it online, such as from Penguin Magic here.

Unless you really, REALLY love that one specific deck or it's been discontinued, it may just be better to buy a new deck (or unless you are absolutely certain you know what you're doing with it).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results