Is it possible to increase nail size with the Human Blockhead?

Nov 21, 2018
I've been doing the Human blockhead for over two months now, and so far, I've been working with a rather small/average size nail. For anyone who does this stunt, is it possible to gradually increase in nail sizes and kind of expand your nasal cavity over time?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Yeah, you can definitely work your way up as you get more comfortable.

Here's my advice:
Use a screwdriver not a nail. The length and size of the nail don't matter so much as what you can see when the thing is in your nose. Use a screwdriver with a big handle.

With the nail it doesn't look impressive as long. It is only impressive while it is going in, once it's in witha nail it looks like you have a thumb tack in your nose, a screwdriver it ALWAYS looks impressive. While it's in, the audience just imagines the thing is huge!

Nov 21, 2018
Yeah, you can definitely work your way up as you get more comfortable.

Here's my advice:
Use a screwdriver not a nail. The length and size of the nail don't matter so much as what you can see when the thing is in your nose. Use a screwdriver with a big handle.

With the nail it doesn't look impressive as long. It is only impressive while it is going in, once it's in witha nail it looks like you have a thumb tack in your nose, a screwdriver it ALWAYS looks impressive. While it's in, the audience just imagines the thing is huge!
Thanks for the feedback. I'm practicing with nails for the time being. I want to get very comfortable with that first and gradually increase in size. I hope to move up to a screwdriver and a power drill. Btw, during a performance do you Hammer the screwdriver in or do you just push it in? Do I use a flat head or a Phillips?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Thanks for the feedback. I'm practicing with nails for the time being. I want to get very comfortable with that first and gradually increase in size. I hope to move up to a screwdriver and a power drill. Btw, during a performance do you Hammer the screwdriver in or do you just push it in? Do I use a flat head or a Phillips?

I use a flat head, and a hammer for drama and believability.

The screwdriver is more comfortable for me.

I personally love Tyler Wilson's handling that he teaches on his Penguin Lecture. It's a good version with 2 nails.

You know, I haven't seen anyone use an ice pick before, but that would work as well as a screwdriver. Maybe think about dulling the top before using it.

Nov 21, 2018
I use a flat head, and a hammer for drama and believability.

The screwdriver is more comfortable for me.

I personally love Tyler Wilson's handling that he teaches on his Penguin Lecture. It's a good version with 2 nails.

You know, I haven't seen anyone use an ice pick before, but that would work as well as a screwdriver. Maybe think about dulling the top before using it.

One of the reasons I'm trying to increase in size, is beacuse ImI Itrying to get my nasal passages wide enough to fit a tube so I can do the Human Crazy Straw. I just hope it doesn't take too long (years) to increase in larger nail sizes.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results