Card Control.

Mar 14, 2019
Hey folks. I'm looking for a good resource on card controls that anybody can point me to. Particularly with a variety of sleights for the second position. I was called out out on my bluff pass the other night and I'm not a big fan of the tilt because I prefer to have the spectator return the card to the deck themselves. Any input would greatly help me out. Thank you in advance!

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
I think that it's important to analyse why you were called out on your bluff pass, and what you need to do to correct that, rather than to just ditch the sleight. It's good to have an entire arsenal of controls, but you should also try to figure out if it was a presentational issue or a handling issue. How practiced are you with the bluff pass? What did you say when you were getting the card returned and ready for the control?

Mar 14, 2019
Well I've put a lot of practice into it or so I thought. It usually flies right by people, but this particular time I had said can you return it to the deck for me? When she did she said"Oh...on the top?" I said said"on the top?" As I was quote unquote dribbling the top cards onto her selection and she said "oh...nevermind." So I didn't fail technically, but it really made me second guess my ability with it.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
Well I've put a lot of practice into it or so I thought. It usually flies right by people, but this particular time I had said can you return it to the deck for me? When she did she said"Oh...on the top?" I said said"on the top?" As I was quote unquote dribbling the top cards onto her selection and she said "oh...nevermind." So I didn't fail technically, but it really made me second guess my ability with it.

Oh, I see. In that situation, I would have just said yes, and then false cut the deck or something.

Sometimes, people just aren't paying close attention to what you're doing, and they miss things that actually make them seem more observant than they really are. I wouldn't second guess yourself if you've been doing it for a while, practiced it so that it's smooth and natural, and haven't been called out on it before.

Reactions: juicinthepips
Dec 22, 2019
I don’t know how to exactly explain it, but it helps to inclinate the deck’s borders in the spectator’s direction like in the photo, because the remaining deck in your left hand seems to have less cards.
Hope this helps
/TCM

Attachments

• 019D6452-85E9-435A-A22F-CAA25135161E.jpeg
    019D6452-85E9-435A-A22F-CAA25135161E.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 141
Reactions: juicinthepips
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results