Brief intro and “wise advice “?

Apr 2, 2020
Hello everyone. People call me Chief and I’m a 51 year old retired Navy guy who has decided to delve into learning some sleight of hand.

Now I did “dip my toe in the water” back around 2004 or so but I was still active duty and just didn’t devote the time to it, and this is where this older guy’s advice comes in.

I started learning to play bass guitar after I retired in 2011 and after 3 years of really hard work and practicing at least an average of an hour a day, I become sufficient. The work never stops.

Being good at ANYTHING takes tons of practice and familiarity. Any chance to have a deck of cards in your hand do it. Even if you are just holding them watching TV.

Then practice the moves. Slowly at first. Accuracy is always more important than speed in the beginning. This is basic muscle memory. The more you do it, the stronger those finger and hand muscles get and the more in tune your brain and hands become.

So much respect to all the magicians and cardists out there. Even seeing how things are done doesn’t make it any less astounding sometimes. Hard work does pay off.

Gotta run, haven’t held a deck of cards in like 20 minutes. Good luck to everyone and just keep grinding!

Nothing is impossible!! ✌️❤️

Sep 20, 2009
Pialli (hello) and Ximopanōltih (welcome)

who are some of your favorite magicians/mentalists/performers

and a non-magic question, who are some of your favorite bass players?

Reactions: Chief2112
Apr 2, 2020
Pialli (hello) and Ximopanōltih (welcome)

who are some of your favorite magicians/mentalists/performers

and a non-magic question, who are some of your favorite bass players?
For magic I always loved Ricky Jay. David Blaine I enjoy watching perform a lot and recently I discovered Chris Ramsay and like his personality and teaching style.

Bass players: Geddy Lee (note my screen name) as well as Colin Edwin (Porcupine Tree) and The Who’s John Entwistle.

Nov 3, 2018
Welcome, Chief, nice to meet you!
I like your taste for magicians and musicians already -- Ricky Jay is one of my favorite magicians as well, and as a drummer I love Porcupine Tree's Gavin Harrison.

Great to have you here!

Reactions: Chief2112
Apr 2, 2020
Welcome, Chief, nice to meet you!
I like your taste for magicians and musicians already -- Ricky Jay is one of my favorite magicians as well, and as a drummer I love Porcupine Tree's Gavin Harrison.

Great to have you here!
Gavin is a monster drummer. My fave!! Was lucky to see PT at their last US show at Radio City. I’m a huge fan.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results