I got this new deck and just thinking...

Apr 28, 2008
Philippines
So this deck of mine is brand new since my bikes are a year old. It's kinda like a new feel...

It's made of plastic, so it doesnt get wet.
The design, it's pretty cool.
They are VERY slippery, I got them out of the box and when I was about to hold it into a mechanics grip, ALL of the cards slipped off.
Since it's made from plastic, when you bend it, it doesnt leave a mark. (which is a bum cuz I like doing card jump)

I'll try to post the back design later.

Sep 5, 2007
i got some slippery plastic deck of cards before.. and they are see thru! which is kinda cool.... hmm what was that deck again?! i kinda forgot the name. patch something was it...ohh the Imperial deck. yeah... thats the card.

they sucked.

Aug 31, 2007
Alright we got to 8 posts and still no one has said that plastic cards are the absolute WORST cards for flourishing. Can't fan, clump like your mother, possibly the only decks that are bad for cuts, too thick, and they look hella weird.

Good for poker though, last a long time.

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
Usually the solid Plastic ones are either KEM. Copag, or Bicycle Clear (The one's I use in the Shower ;))

Well I would say they are pretty good for magic because they will last longer than you will...but as for Flourishing...don't use them unless of course you're in the shower :)

-Brad

Apr 28, 2008
Philippines
uh yeah... you know what, the name of the deck is Crown... don't know if you guys heard of it, which I'm sure you havent...

It's worth 39.75 here, which is like, half USDollar...

Oh yeah, I'm from the Philippines. and so, you definiteley never heard of it... I think...

can you guys gimme other details, good or bad, about plastic decks?

Do some table spreads and see how the cards react. Same thing with fans. After some working in the slipperyness should fade and the cards should start behaving a little bit more like a unit because more of the finish is fading off. Fans, armspreads, springs, aerials all require some kind of condition for the deck to be in to be done properly and smoothly. Thickness, how long the finish lasts on the cards, do cards spread evenly easily, is the stock strong or flimsy, it's all stuff you gotta account for. Cuts can be done with just any deck really, but sometimes it'll play a factor depending from cut to cut.

Apr 28, 2008
Philippines
i did the table spreads and fansm did a couple of flourishes, they still are slippery, but not that much...

now the only thing I'm thinking, is that the cards, when they fall, they glide on the floor and stick to the mirror... and it's hella hard to get...

thats the last thing in my mind...

Sep 5, 2007
hey JePineda what in the world is wrong with you?!! Crown decks are horrible!!
they DO NOT FAN!!
the DO NOT SPREAD!!!
and they are NOT SLIPPERY!!
yeah i know those cards! those are the cards that the hobos in the streets here use when they get wasted!
go buy some decent tally ho or better yet centurions.

Apr 28, 2008
Philippines
uhuh... then why can I FAN them, WHY can I SPREAD them if I KNEW they cant do It? I can BUY tally ho's IF it's already the start of the school year. and, the "hobos" here use bikes. Magicians/Flourishers use any deck they want. I just choose to buy the deck that could fit the money I currently have... which is a hundred... bikes are 150.

Sep 1, 2007
nice avatar goodtech! fyi to the original poster, MagicIsDead has no idea what he's talking about, he thinks old marvel superhero playing cards have the best finish ever... lol

basically you can not listen to every n00b that makes up a bunch of bs on the forums... youve got to try them out for yourself and see how you like them

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
And people seem to mean different things when talking about fanning. Some people say that Wynns for example fan horribly, I think that they fan pretty well. Not as well as some cards, but well.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results