Ring magic: ring width

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I was looking up ring magic the other day and thinking of using my wedding band. But I'm not sure if the width of it makes it inoperable to utilize. It's 1/4 inch wide.

Would I need to get a smaller ring to use for ring magic?

Nov 10, 2014
I am by no means a ring magician, though I have recently been starting to looking into it. I believe I read somewhere that a larger ring is actually better because it is looser on the hand and easier manipulated. So I don't think it would hurt to have a larger ring. Though remember, I have never even played with ring magic so this is all speculation.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
For my personal experience, I have learned that the looser the ring fits on your finger (without falling off) the better. This way you can easily remove it when you need to use it to perform. Also the thickness depends on personal preference. Me personally, i prefer a thicker ring made of tungsten carbide (I have dropped it on concrete more times than I can count and it still looks great!). It makes it easier for me to perform ring/gryphon rolls and is more visual for moves like ring thing, circuit, etc. In fact I combine it with my "Ninja Rings" routine using a fun gimmick called "Ninja Plus" by Matthew Garrett.

Here is a video or two of me performing some ring magic :) Hope any of this helps!

Mar 8, 2016
From my experience I never try to do magic with my wedding band. You could have a ring on any other finger to work with. Unless you're doing a trick for your wife!

Mar 8, 2016
From my experience I never try to do magic with my wedding band. You could have a ring on any other finger to work with. Unless you're doing a trick for your wife!
For my personal experience, I have learned that the looser the ring fits on your finger (without falling off) the better. This way you can easily remove it when you need to use it to perform. Also the thickness depends on personal preference. Me personally, i prefer a thicker ring made of tungsten carbide (I have dropped it on concrete more times than I can count and it still looks great!). It makes it easier for me to perform ring/gryphon rolls and is more visual for moves like ring thing, circuit, etc. In fact I combine it with my "Ninja Rings" routine using a fun gimmick called "Ninja Plus" by Matthew Garrett.

Here is a video or two of me performing some ring magic :) Hope any of this helps!

That didn't help me, at all. All I saw was a bunch of camera cuts with rings everywhere.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results