21 Card Trick

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
It seems that most of the time i perform a trick to my friends, they will always want to do a trick for me. And i cannot count how many times they start laying 3 rows of 7 cards and ask me to think of one. So i just want to know, is there like a countertrick to this? Cuz i've seen a lot of tricks where you seem to be showing the spectator the secret to a trick when you're actually doing another trick the whole time. So does anybody know a trick i can use to counter the annoying 21 card trick?

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Chris Kenner's You must be 21 to enter. Sounds like the perfect thing for this situation.

Alternatively Benjamin Earl utilises the 21 card trick plot/idea as a ruse to get into a stack position from which he can do many crazy things.

- Sean

D

Deleted member 2755

It seems that most of the time i perform a trick to my friends, they will always want to do a trick for me. And i cannot count how many times they start laying 3 rows of 7 cards and ask me to think of one. So i just want to know, is there like a countertrick to this? Cuz i've seen a lot of tricks where you seem to be showing the spectator the secret to a trick when you're actually doing another trick the whole time. So does anybody know a trick i can use to counter the annoying 21 card trick?

Haha dude, magic isn't like a competition.:p That's like making magic Pokemon.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Doug does Believe against Wayne Houchin.

Wayne Houchin perform Indecent. Not very effect.

Doug performs Witness. It's Super Effective!

Wayne Houchin faints. Doug gains 63 magic points.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah yes... I remember the Pokemon days.... ANYWAY! Haha, I get the same thing at school. Honestly... I think the reason for it is because people need a sense of security for themselves... You look great and better than them, but they don't want to look like garbage (even though they don't... they may feel that way). So... they do a magic trick. (I once read a story on here where some kid was performing... knocked the cards out of the kids hands and took out a deck of Guardians thinking he was better. I guess he "out performed" him.) Of course... maybe they just want to entertain you.:rolleyes: I dunno... 1 of my 2 theories I'm sure is correct. ;) I dunno. Just roll with it. Don't worry about it. Who cares?

It's like my brother... He used to do magic a little bit. (Nowhere near as much as me.) When he had a friend over a few weeks ago I was performing for him. Then my brother enters the room and he goes "YEAH WELL CAN YOU DO THIS?!" He takes my deck and does the Hot Shot Cut. I said no and that I didn't care. I also said I was doing magic. He was just shooting a card out of the deck. =P His friend called him a moron. It was funny. :D

-Doug

Jul 15, 2008

That's nothing, I've had people do to me the 9 card card trick, that's done with 3 rows of 3.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Haha dude, magic isn't like a competition.:p That's like making magic Pokemon.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Doug does Believe against Wayne Houchin.

Wayne Houchin perform Indecent. Not very effect.

Doug performs Witness. It's Super Effective!

Wayne Houchin faints. Doug gains 63 magic points.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah yes... I remember the Pokemon days.... ANYWAY! Haha, I get the same thing at school. Honestly... I think the reason for it is because people need a sense of security for themselves... You look great and better than them, but they don't want to look like garbage (even though they don't... they may feel that way). So... they do a magic trick. (I once read a story on here where some kid was performing... knocked the cards out of the kids hands and took out a deck of Guardians thinking he was better. I guess he "out performed" him.) Of course... maybe they just want to entertain you.:rolleyes: I dunno... 1 of my 2 theories I'm sure is correct. ;) I dunno. Just roll with it. Don't worry about it. Who cares?

It's like my brother... He used to do magic a little bit. (Nowhere near as much as me.) When he had a friend over a few weeks ago I was performing for him. Then my brother enters the room and he goes "YEAH WELL CAN YOU DO THIS?!" He takes my deck and does the Hot Shot Cut. I said no and that I didn't care. I also said I was doing magic. He was just shooting a card out of the deck. =P His friend called him a moron. It was funny. :D

-Doug

Ahahahaha, i used to play pokemon too. Anyways, i just like to mess with my friends, you know? I'm not trying to make them feel inferior to me or anything.
i lol'ed at your brothers statement. And by the way, y cant you do a hot shot cut?

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
I hate when people do that! That's the trick that people who can't do magic do.

IT PISSES ME OFF! AAAARGH!

Jun 24, 2008
United States
lol this happens to me all the time, i just have to go along and roll with it, because i dont want anyone to be mad or anything...but it would be cool to kinda counter trick them with their own trick...if that even makes sense haha

Sep 1, 2007
If you check out Jack Parker's 52 Memories not only will you be picking up one of the very best card magic books to be released in recent years but there's also a chapter near the end with three variants on the 21 card trick in there, which should give you ample ammunition to fire back with. I know what you're thinking - a book with three variants of the 21 card trick doesn't sound like a great buy, but there's so much fantastic material elsewhere in the book.

Here's the three variants:
21 card trick with just one round of dealing (not three as usual) - a great one to fry folks who know the standard version

Cause the selection to vanish from the 21 cards leaving just 20 and reappear again

A "magician fooling" 21 card trick using sleights

Cheers,
David.

Sep 3, 2007
If you check out Jack Parker's 52 Memories not only will you be picking up one of the very best card magic books to be released in recent years but there's also a chapter near the end with three variants on the 21 card trick in there, which should give you ample ammunition to fire back with. I know what you're thinking - a book with three variants of the 21 card trick doesn't sound like a great buy, but there's so much fantastic material elsewhere in the book.

Here's the three variants:
21 card trick with just one round of dealing (not three as usual) - a great one to fry folks who know the standard version

Cause the selection to vanish from the 21 cards leaving just 20 and reappear again

A "magician fooling" 21 card trick using sleights

Cheers,
David.

This is exactly what I was thinking. One of them is a version where on the first deal you deal all cards face up except the selection.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results