Acaan

Mar 18, 2009
hey everyone,

i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good ACAAN effect and where i can find it? thanks!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Sure. ACAAN is probably my favourite and most performed effect. Needless to say, there is a fountain of knowledge on this plot. If you're serious about performing an ACAAN, you will in time have to end up performing your own. The version I now perform is a combination of a number of routines in print, along with my own additions, which has in my opinion satisfied the conditions of the "perfect" ACAAN. But more importantly than satisfying conditions or magicians' tests, the routine will have to satisfy you, and be created to suit you. There are many good ACAAN routines, but only if you perform them well will they be good in your hands.

However, to start off with... John Born has a great book on the subject. Most importantly, he talks about how to present ACAAN, and common mistakes made that hinder beginners' performances.

If you can get your hands on it, it never hurts to look at Berglas' book, since he started the legend. The basic concept is applicable to many of the routines you will read, including my own.

Barrie Richardson has a few good ACAAN routines in his books.

Juan Tamariz's Mnemonica contains a version of ACAAN which set the technical groundwork for my current ACAAN, though I no longer use any part of his handling except in concept only.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results