Adobe Media Player

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Adobe (famous for its Reader, Flash Player, Illustrator, and Photoshop to name a few) has released a free media player/desktop media experience.

What's so great about it? It plays Theory 11 Downloads about a million times faster and smoother then QuickTime!

Head over to adobe.com to find it, you will not regret it.

Oct 3, 2007
germany
I currently use the VLC player (which is pretty good and supports a lot of file types, which is usefull). Does anyone know how this compares to the adobe player? thanks :)

I currently use the VLC player (which is pretty good and supports a lot of file types, which is usefull). Does anyone know how this compares to the adobe player? thanks :)

Adobe Player is a VLC player plus more. You can use it to subscribe to many online shows as well as tv shows (Food Network and eventually Comedy Central).

CPU usage? Hahaha... if your comp can't run Adobe Media Player you may need a new computer... haha

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
Adobe Player is a VLC player plus more. You can use it to subscribe to many online shows as well as tv shows (Food Network and eventually Comedy Central).

CPU usage? Hahaha... if your comp can't run Adobe Media Player you may need a new computer... haha

please
dont insult vlc
vlc will play any video files you got
it will even play pictures for you if you want
its a highly highly refined and optimized piece of software
and if it had better visuals it would be the best player out there
but i must say media player classic is the best at the moment
i use both
adobe media player is a wanabe
and its very very new
eats a lot of cpu
doesnt play most video files
forget about it
it just has great visuals
and the abillity to browse content
which is the only thing it has going
_dont_ look for it to replace your regular player
this is just something to mess around with occasionally

im guessing this media player is one of the first AIR apps they are releasing
AIR is their new developers platform
if im correct then yes it will run on a mac

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
Does Adobe Media Player also play back local content?
Yes, local video content such as personal videos can be added to your catalog and played back in Adobe Media Player, as long as they are in FLV (Spark or VP6 codec) or MPEG-4 (H.264 codec) format.

adobe media player plays 3 video formats
and nothing else
are you joking me?

here is what vlc plays
and so summarize: EVERYTHING

And I wasn't insulting anything, I was simply stating what this player is. It plays all f fthose files while also allowing online show subscriptions and it is easy as pie to use.

rrright

I don't understand your attitude here... I simply posted what is my opinion on this player. Its a Version 1.1 sure there's problems. But it runs downloads VERY smoothly and, for a normal user, is extremely easy. I personally don't care if VLC runs every type of file ever made, I simply offered an alternative to using QuickTime that I knew everyone would be able to use and run smoothly. Plus, it does have nice features otherwise.

This isn't a discussion on one media player vs. another, it is simply about how this player runs Theory 11 Downloads and I was trying to help others that, like myself, found quicktime to be a major pain.

Ah, I see the issue. I was originally mistaken. When he said VLC player for some reason I thought he meant a player that plays VLC files, not the player itself. Again, It was my mistake there.

Though I still do not see why you were "harsh" at all, I will offer my apologies for the misunderstanding. I need to learn to re-read posts... haha ;)

Sharp

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results