Aiming Thumb Propulsion?

Oct 12, 2016
Utah
I learned the "thumb propulsion" move a while ago from a friend, and then more recently I came across the tutorial for it here on Theory 11. I was hoping that it would provide some tips on aim, but they seemed pretty vague to me. Something about the direction your finger is pointing, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm rarely able to predict exactly where it will go, and sometimes it flies in completely the wrong direction. I'd like to be able to land the card on a table, or shoot it up into up into the air so I can catch it, but I can't get enough consistency. Any tips?

For shooting cards up in the air and catching it, I just use the long distance spinner move taught by Oz Pearlman. It took me quite a while to get down but it comes pretty naturally now. Not sure what the thumb propulsion technique is.

Oct 12, 2016
Utah
I believe it's essentially the same move, though it may have slightly different handling. There's a free tutorial here called "Thumb Propulsion by Andrei Jikh", which is where I got the name.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results