Am I wrong?

C

Cardmaster211

Well as a magician and a flourisher I have to say I perform my flourishes all the time to laymen and they love it. I know it's more of a thing with other magicians and flourishers but my friends, family and random strangers think it's great.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
It's really up to the performer. I don't do it for reasons that I don't think you would agree with but you do what you want.

In the Paper Engine by Aaron Fisher , Aaron quotes Lee Asher. And Lee Asher says something along the lines of there being two magicians. Diamonds and Pearls. Pearls are the non flourishers who are smooth and rounded, don't flourish, and they shine. Diamonds are flourishers, still shiny..but different blah blah blah they shine just as bright.

Sep 30, 2009
Elkhart, IN
Well as a magician and a flourisher I have to say I perform my flourishes all the time to laymen and they love it. I know it's more of a thing with other magicians and flourishers but my friends, family and random strangers think it's great.

I think that if your friends and family enjoy watching then continue to show them. If you don't show some one then why do it. I do not have many magician friends so I show who ever will watch. Do what you want and Go Out Perform.

I don't think it's really that big of a deal, everyone complains how much the two clash, magic and flourishing. I think that they go together great. It's an excellent ice breaker for people who aren't sure if they want to watch your performance or not. If you just stand around flourishing it attracts peoples attention and they are more willing to watch your magic. I think it's excellent to do both

May 10, 2010
I definittely agree with canadamagic. Not only is cardistry extremely flashy, it's eye-candy to many people and this attracts plenty of attention. Cardistry and sleight of hand card magic are both similar, they're both card manupilation. Sometimes when I sit in one corner just flourishing, my classmates just come up to me and say "hey, do a trick or two!"

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results