Angle Z handling question.

Oct 1, 2018
I should really watch the dvd again before making a thread, and I most likely will after, but I was curious what other magicians that preform Angle Z have to say about people telling them to put the corner back on.

I haven't preformed Angle Z MUCH, but I have a handful of times, and around 90% of the time the spectator tells me to restore the corner.

I vaguely recall Daniel Madison telling a story about a magician that would carry around a glue stick for comedic effect, or slip the glue stick into someone's bag or pocket.

I'm just curious what wisdom other magicians can impart upon me about what they personally say, or if there's some slight I can learn to replace the card with a duplicate or anything along those lines. It would just be good information to have, at the moment I just jokingly claim I'm not a miracle worker, which I belive was something Daniel Madison also said on the dvd. ♤

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Dec 30, 2017
I believe that if you milk the vanish not only in your hand actions but you're words also and hype up the vanish that way and make them really amazed just by listening to what's gonna happen that when it does it's astonishing to them. I'm not sure whether that's the type of showmanship that you perform it with currently if not give it a go.

Aug 24, 2017
Hey Man,

Angle Z is such a mind blowing trick. I Preform this regularly and it never fails to fry peoples minds.
For me part of the reason it is so good is due to how simple the method is.
It's been written about time and time again in books like Strong Magic and Maximum entertainment (Just to name a few) about the importance of not getting to caught up with the 'Clever Methods' (As all magicians do!) and just thinking about how the audience sees the end effect - and Angle Z is a good one!

I would say two things.

1. Clearly I have never seen you preform and it is easy for me to comment but maybe you need to focus on building up the climax for the spectator, what i mean by this is that the end of the trick, the big finish, is in them discovering the corner of the card in a crazy place and this should be enough.
I feel like maybe putting the corner back onto the card would in turn play down the 'impossible location' of the card. I.E, Corner is found inside the spectators wallet, shoe or nose, (Where ever it may be) and then rather than finishing there it then becomes a TnR effect in the spectators mind. (Not that there is anything wrong with TnR effects at all however that is a different effect entirely then Vanish and production in an impossible location and i wouldn't want one to be in the shadow of the other.)

That being said:

2. If you really feel like you wanna finish the routine with the corner being back on you should check out Daniel Garcia Torn 2.
(Should do the trick ;)!)

Guys - please check out my new and first Youtube channel and Subscribe! Let me know if you do that and i will be sure to show my love and support! All the best!
-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCzkrXWU_CPVvAz5RsqY1SQ?view_as=subscriber

Connor :)!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results