Anyone got some advice?

Mar 8, 2008
Hawaii
hey, i was wondering if anyone knows where i can find tricks that AREN'T ALREADY REVEALED ON YOUTUBE!!! lol. but seriously, idk where to find any tricks that a 9 year old on YouTube couldn't show me...so if anyone's got some advice of where to look, id sure appreciate it :) thanks so much

-Todd

Sep 1, 2007
austria
maybe on the trilogy?! i never checked if there are any trilogy tricks revealed on youtube, but i think there aren't, because those stupid kids usually only reveal something like penguin magic or e tricks or something rather easy.

Mar 24, 2008
In this the digital age of mass media and with websites such as YouTube and the countless others out there, its hard to find card work thats not already out there in some poor excuse of a performance.

I would offer my recommendation that you come up with your own effects so that when you preform for someone they can not simply run right home and google it to find out how it is done.

IMHO work on your slights and build from there. Buy some books on slight of hand. Work on your own ideas and then perhaps one day you will see a kid performing YOUR card magic effect's on YouTube.

Just my $0.02

-Altrez

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
Your question doesn't make any sense. There are millions of tricks readily available online, why would you want to ignore all of them... Did you mean you want tricks that are too complicated to be performed by people of low skill? Then definitely check out bucks' trilogy and tudors' generation extreme (my faves).

Aug 31, 2007
UK
maybe on the trilogy?! i never checked if there are any trilogy tricks revealed on youtube, but i think there aren't, because those stupid kids usually only reveal something like penguin magic or e tricks or something rather easy.

Just go onto youtube and type in "panic revealed" or "zomg control expozed!" and I'm sure you will find people aren't just revealing penguin or E tricks.

Sep 1, 2007
Forget about youtube. If you spend the right amount of time practising a trick, honing your performance skills and making it your own, no-one will ever recognise it as a "youtube trick".

More to the point: if you've done your job right, they won't care!

You've just got to put in the time. The one and only time I've been called on something like this was about a year ago; I was performing at an event and pull out the rubberbands for crazy man's handcuffs. One guy at the table says "oh, yeah, I saw this on the internet!"
I complimented him for his enthusiasm about magic and said with a smile and a wink "well, I can pretty much guarantee you haven't seen the big finish that happens at the end of my version!" He shut up and waited eagerly for the promised "big finish" - namely Dan Harlan's "2 to 1 vanish". Reactions were even bigger than usual.

The point is to become more than just another "cookie cutter" magician - those who take pride in their magic and make it their own do NOT expose the secrets online. So, if you do the same your magic will appear fresh and unique no matter who's watching.

Cheers,
David.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results