B-2 Bomber

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
B-2 Bomber

The Official Spam-

The Effect

1. Borrow a bill from a spectator.

2. Stab a pen through the bill, penetrating it visually.

3. Pull the pen out of the dollar leaving the bill perfectly unharmed.

4. Hand the dollar bill and the pen to your spectators for immediate inspection.

Experience the enormous ONE-AND-A-HALF INCH PAYLOAD.

When you stab the pen down through the bill, part of the pen will visually pierce through to the other side of the bill. This portion of the pen is called the 'payload'.

The bigger the payload, the more extreme the penetration. The B-2 is specially designed to deliver the largest payload of any pen through dollar on the market.

The Effect-

10/10

The effect itself is very impressive. People's jaws will drop when you tear a whole through their dollar bill, then instantly restore it.

The Gimmick-

9/10

The gimmick is very powerful, more so than the Stealth Pen. This gives you less of a chance of messing up. But, if you practice enough, you shouldn't have a problem with the Stealth's gimmick, either.

The Teaching-

6/10

I got this effect from my local magic store, so I didn't receive the free Instructional Video from Penguin with it. The piece of paper that came with it went into detail, but the instructions, pictures and all, were the exact same ones that come with the Stealth Pen.

Impromptu-

6/10

This effect is not very impromptu, unless, of course, you carry the Bomber everywhere you go. Obviously, you have to use your pen, but the bill can be borrowed.

The Looks-

6/10

To me, this pen looks too large, and therefore looks more like a marker than a pen. But, this is just a matter of opinion, and only one person I've showed it to said it looked a little big for a normal pen. To improve this, I think they could have made it a little bit skinnier.

Handling-

7/10

The handling for this effect is actually fairly easy... due in part to the fact that it is so large. I can't really go into more detail about that due to exposure, but if you have the effect, you will probably know what I mean.

Pros-

- The gimmick is very clever.

- Completely examinable at the end of the trick.

- Writes like a normal pen.

- Gimmick is very strong.

- Has a large payload.

Cons-

- The cap is infamous for breaking... but can be fixed with a little tape. Of course this makes you look cheap, but it's a quick fix until you can buy a new pen or find a cap that works.

- If you lose the gimmick, you cannot buy another one, unlike the Stealth Pen.

My Thoughts-

If you can't already tell, I also own the Stealth Pen. I like the Steal Pen much more, because I feel it looks more like a regular pen that you would find in your desk, you can buy replacement gimmicks for it if you lose yours, and although the payload is smaller, the gimmick is easier to hide and ditch. Before anybody says anything, I know that there is already a B-2 Bomber review posted, but I wanted to add mine, because I had planning on posting this today. Also, if you want two reviews so you can compare the Stealth Pen to the Bomber, here is my review for the Stealth Pen.

Sep 1, 2007
The Bomber is OK, but I think it's kinda obvious how it works. I figured it out the first time I saw it, and this was before I was really into magic. Alot of people know (or at least guess) that it has something to do with *******s (not the actual number of *'s, it would give it away).

Misled is better. It actually melts through the dollar, pencils look more normal than fat pens, and the pencil can even be borrowed. Much better IMO.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
It can be obvious... with poor performance! To me, it's 75% performance, 25% effect. I like the Stealth Pen better than the B-2 Bomber, but I don't have Misled. It is on my wishlist, though.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results