Battle System Tournament

Jun 4, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
I just had a crazy idea of having a Battle System Tournament

Some of the videos out there should deserve more points then they are given. Plus it seems more rewarding when you beat multiple people.

So i was thinking that we could agree on a set of rules. Everyone submit one video and winners can resubmit their videos for the next round.

another thought is that in the final round the last 2 can make another video for their championship battle.

Any ideas, questions, or comments are always open

Does anybody out there wanna try to organize this??

Jun 4, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
well we could start a bracket on the thread and see who is gonna challenge who. there will be a time limit given to everyone to submit their battle video. at the end of each week the winners of each round will be posted on the thread and they will have to resubmit their video against their next opponent.

Jun 4, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
1 on 1 battle

i have an idea on a 1 on 1 battle.

so its fair, the next 1 on 1 that comes out who ever wants to participate in it has to buy it and has to replicate the preview in thier own video.

but you have to sign up before the actual 1 on 1 comes out tomarrow

8 people max
2 weeks time to post the video up

A magic tournament would probably be a lot harder to do then we all think; with all the different genres of magic out there, it would be hard to judge across the whole spectrum when the skills needed are different for different types of magic.

Just my 2 cents...

Maybe a magic tournament where each round (semi-finals, qualifying round, finals, ect.) is a different type. First being card, then coin, and the final being your own effect that you made. The winner is the ultimate magician. It could be called the Ultimate Magic Championship.

EDIT: Are we ever going to do this? I think I would compete in the magic tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 19, 2008
I_KnowMagic, that is an amazing idea. I advocate the idea of a magic game show in a way, where each round's type is unknown and we have a week or so to prepare for each when it is posted. Excellent idea, and if we do any sort of tournament, I am totally in for the magic one!

Benjamin Dove

Jul 19, 2008
I am open to organizing a tournament of this sort if you guys want. It could be 8 people, new challenge every week. How bout it?

Sure. God, I am going to fail in coin magic though. lol. Can the finals be your own trick though? And what editing will be allowed. I would like to have title, credits, and some color effects.

EDIT: Also could it possibly be every 6 days. That's the only amount I can do it in because in three weeks I am leaving for Florida for the week and with 8 people, there are three rounds, which would only be 18 days so I could do that.

Jul 19, 2008
All right! Here is the deal guys. I am gonna make a new post called "Ultimate Magic Championship Season 1." That is the name of the Tournament. There will be multiple ones later on. Hopefully I can participate in it at one point. Every 7 Days, I repeat 7 days there will be a new challenge. There will be curveballs, and I will accept 8 People in total. The first 8 people to respond will be in. This will be fun guys. This will be starting on Friday.
I look forward to this. I will post the rules in the first post of the tourn thread.
Benjamin Dove

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results