Becoming a theory11 Moderator...

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Is there any chance that I could become a Theory11 Moderator? I am only 12, but i think that it would be pritty cool to be one. I was just interested, but me, being as young as i am, will not get the chance. Does anyone know anything about becoming a mod?

D

Deleted member 2755

J. Bayme will usually send a private message to you asking if you would like to become one. So no, you don't get to choose if you want to become one. Right now there is almost no need for any moderators as the forums usually have good discussions, and not too many arguments (although they do happen). Right now there are three moderators, and I think that is all we need (at least for now). Don't count on becoming a moderator, although I do think everyone on the forum thinks it would be cool to become one.:rolleyes:

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Is there any chance that I could become a Theory11 Moderator? I am only 12, but i think that it would be pritty cool to be one. I was just interested, but me, being as young as i am, will not get the chance. Does anyone know anything about becoming a mod?

You could do Wayne's and Dana's dirty laundry for a week like Jack....

Seriously though it is not as glamorous as it sounds. It's hard and often frustrating work to be a forum mod for any type of forum these days. I have nothing but respect for the mods of any forum because of the amount of effort and time put into making a community better. If you are serious about being a mod just continue to contribute in a positive way to the forums and making the community a better place to hang out and discuss magic. Just be careful what you wish for because once in a great while you actually get it =)

--Jim

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
You could do Wayne's and Dana's dirty laundry for a week like Jack....

Seriously though it is not as glamorous as it sounds. It's hard and often frustrating work to be a forum mod for any type of forum these days. I have nothing but respect for the mods of any forum because of the amount of effort and time put into making a community better. If you are serious about being a mod just continue to contribute in a positive way to the forums and making the community a better place to hang out and discuss magic. Just be careful what you wish for because once in a great while you actually get it =)

--Jim

Indeed.

I agree with you completely. From what I understand, being a mod is pretty hard work. You have to do what is in the best interest for the site and the future of the members here.

Anyway, if you are seriously wanting to become a moderator of the forums...your best bet, as somebody here as already said, is to just continue to provide nothing but quality, positive posts.

Shane

First step to being a mod. Have at-least a 1,000 post. Second spend every waking hour on the forums. Third kiss alot of a@#.

Actually I'm just kidding for those of you that know me. In all seriousness I believe Mods are selected to their contributions to the art and dedication to helping others. Primarily it's not the amount of post it's the quality. Being a mod I'm sure isn't cut out what it seems to be, you have to be able to take alot of criticism as well as being able to follow a certain criteria representing T11. I give much respect to our mods keep it up guys good work.

I almost had you there DarkAngel, Ace, & Jack .lol :)

First step to being a mod. Have at-least a 1,000 post. Second spend every waking hour on the forums. Third kiss alot of a@#.

Actually I'm just kidding for those of you that know me. In all seriousness I believe Mods are selected to their contributions to the art and dedication to helping others. Primarily it's not the amount of post it's the quality. Being a mod I'm sure isn't cut out what it seems to be, you have to be able to take alot of criticism as well as being able to follow a certain criteria representing T11. I give much respect to our mods keep it up guys good work.

I almost had you there DarkAngel, Ace, & Jack .lol :)

Yes, If you see Jack The Magician on the forums he is a mod. And he's everywhere just helping. He'll post links for sites or other threads regarding a question some may have. And you can always PM him with any questions. You mainly have to have the nice, have to be nice, and dedicated.

Michael

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I've said it before and I'll say it again... why? Just to "be above" the other members of the forum? We don't need Mods, and just the fact that you're 12 and you're asking to be one shows you're not mature enough to take on the responsibility.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I've said it before and I'll say it again... why? Just to "be above" the other members of the forum? We don't need Mods, and just the fact that you're 12 and you're asking to be one shows you're not mature enough to take on the responsibility.

Give him a break adjones. He hasn't been here all that long and may not know the ropes. All he wanted to know was how he could become a mod. At least he wasn't going around demanding that he be made a mod.

On another note, relish the freedom you have as a normal member. As a mod, you have to be on the forums 24/7, making sure everything is running smoothly. As a member, you can come and go as you please. I'd hate to see what happens if all three of our mods took vacations at the same time. They really help this place out with their dedication.

Remember, in the words of Uncle Ben, "With great power comes great responsibility."

//David.Misner::

Thanks for the kind words everyone,

To become a Moderator isn't just about posting numerous amounts of times, and posting reviews and being nice. You need to be mature about what you do, that being when you post in topics you respect the choices and things others say. It also helps if you try to help people, like if they have a product question you can give them advice, or if they're looking for a video you could point them in the right direction.

It's basically about how you handle yourself and the way to show it. The staff reads a lot more posts than you may think, and I never in my life-time thought I would be chosen as moderator. Yes, it can be hard at times, I'm constantly online and checking my e-mails for complaints. Everything you do is magnified ten fold because you get the role. So, if you accidently say something that offends someone they can really take it the wrong way due to the role you portray. But, I'm loving every second of it.

So, it is possible to become a moderator if your young, I'm only 14, for those who didn't know. And no you don't need 1,000 posts, and you don't need to be on 24/7....if you divide 24 by 3 that's how long you need to be on ;), kidding. It's not easy but, you enjoy doing it, so time really flys when your going around the boards.

Once again thanks for everything and I hope I help shed some light on this for you Flixe.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
You just want to be a mod because you think it's cool.
That won't let you be a mod. You need responsiblity and some knowledge if you want to be one.

It looks like you're not mature enough for the job yet. Besides we don't need another one as of now. We have plenty.

Aug 31, 2007
if anyone should be a mod it should be Mitchell. he is really helpfull on these forums and is overall a great kid.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
It's nice that everybody is saying who they want to be mod, but this isn't a poll. Let's keep those opinions to ourselves, until the time comes that we need to share them for something important.

David

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Ok, thanks for the help. I was just wondering if you had to fill out a form or something like that. Now i relise that it has to be pritty hard work,and if you are on a different time zone from everyone, like i am, then that would be hard.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results