Beginner saying hi!

Nov 4, 2017
Kashima Japan
Hello!

I just started learning magic and wanted to say hello. I am learning through the boon and DVD series “The royal road to card magic” and “Modern coin magic”. I have only been practicing for a week, but what I have learned from the free videos on this site has been pretty awesome. I teach English in Japan and have found that using magic has helped me connect woth my kids and even the shy ones that are afriad to speak to me are now talking to me more. I look forward to being apart of this community!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Hi Bobby,
Welcome to Theory11. Don't be afraid to pick our brains here as there are a plethora of magicians here who are highly skilled and bring a lot to the table. Jump right into the discussions, look around the Marketplace, view some of the media videos and enjoy your stay.

--Rick

Aug 6, 2017
Thats so cool that you have already gotten kids to get out of their comfort zone in a week! I have been doing magic for 4 months and I think you are very well on your way. This community has helped me so much!

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
That is awesome! Where in japan? A good friend of mine teaches english in japan. Her name is Mikaela. Not sure where exactly she lives lol but she is awesome!

Also glad that the videos on this site are helping! Great work on collecting the classics and getting off to a running start!

Reactions: Bobbydigital
Nov 4, 2017
Kashima Japan
That is awesome! Where in japan? A good friend of mine teaches english in japan. Her name is Mikaela. Not sure where exactly she lives lol but she is awesome!

Also glad that the videos on this site are helping! Great work on collecting the classics and getting off to a running start!
Hi there! I live in a small town in Ibaraki called Kashima. It is so small that the only real way to get to tokyo is to take a bus. I’ve lived in Japan for fove years now working for a conpany called Interac. Do you know what company your friend works for?

Nov 4, 2017
Kashima Japan
Thats so cool that you have already gotten kids to get out of their comfort zone in a week! I have been doing magic for 4 months and I think you are very well on your way. This community has helped me so much!
I have reLly only learned the first technique form the Riyal road to magic and just use that. The kids love it.

Nov 4, 2017
Kashima Japan
I too started with those two essential books! Just add Mark Wilsons "Complete Course in Magic" and you Sir, will have a solid foundation to build upon your Magic!

Wish nothing but the best in your journey!
I took your advice. Ordered the book. The price was about 751 yen which is about 8 or 9 dollars. Did not expect to get an encyclopedia sized book! Maybe I am just so used to getting books on kindle or iBooks. Also Japanese books on average are oretty small unless you’re talking textbooks or dictionaries. Hahaha no way I can read this in the teachers room. The book is really amazing. Thank you very much for your suggestion!

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I took your advice. Ordered the book. The price was about 751 yen which is about 8 or 9 dollars. Did not expect to get an encyclopedia sized book! Maybe I am just so used to getting books on kindle or iBooks. Also Japanese books on average are oretty small unless you’re talking textbooks or dictionaries. Hahaha no way I can read this in the teachers room. The book is really amazing. Thank you very much for your suggestion!
I'm sure you'll find it fun! Mark Wilson really organized it to be straightforward to get through. Because there are multiple sections about completely different topics, I would skim through them, find which one interests you, and then read through a section. Try it out, see how you like it! Customize it to fit your style and make your own presentation and story to go with it.

P.S. Can I suggest you buy some sponge balls eventually? They are amazingly fun and easy to use, and get great reactions! You want the ones by Magic by Gosh, preferably 2 inch (but slightly smaller or larger is fine too). Great for kids too! I perform them to the kids in my grade and they love it!

Reactions: Bobbydigital
Nov 4, 2017
Kashima Japan
I'm sure you'll find it fun! Mark Wilson really organized it to be straightforward to get through. Because there are multiple sections about completely different topics, I would skim through them, find which one interests you, and then read through a section. Try it out, see how you like it! Customize it to fit your style and make your own presentation and story to go with it.

P.S. Can I suggest you buy some sponge balls eventually? They are amazingly fun and easy to use, and get great reactions! You want the ones by Magic by Gosh, preferably 2 inch (but slightly smaller or larger is fine too). Great for kids too! I perform them to the kids in my grade and they love it!
I will give it a try!

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Jul 17, 2015
Im glad you like it ! That book is full of gems... from cards / coins to Rope and just general magic, it will give you enough to be able to do magic at any situation at any given moment!
Good luck to your future in Magic!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results