Best double lift?

Feb 10, 2013
Utah
www.youtube.com
The best double lift is one that looks natural.
So one that is simple would do the best job of that, right?
If you do an amazingly flashy motion to reveal a card as "nothing special" or "just the top card" then your doing the opposite of what you want to, your drawing attention to it.

Jan 1, 2013
It depends entirely on your style. A flashy double could add or detract from your routine depending on your style. I use the relatively flashy "smooth double" as taught by Jason England in his download. It suits me because my style is relatively flashy.

Aug 2, 2011
California
I use a strike double lift. It's pretty natural, and doesn't require a break (a major advantage). However, strike doubles and push off doubles are not easy. I am also currently woking on Stuart Gordon's double turnover which isn't necessary/a great choice in many applications, but when it is used, it kills. When I first saw it, I didn't think it was a double.

You should check out Aaron Fisher's card magic minute. He does a great job breaking down the double turnover and explaining his thinking behind it.

Here's a link of the free quicktime video Aaron put out about the double turnover. It's worth watching. There's more videos on his YouTube channel.
http://www.wizardhq.com/downloads/DoubleLift_Explanation.mov

Oct 5, 2012
The Stuart Gordon for me is definitely worth the time it takes to master, because it does so much to drive home the idea of singularity without you actually saying "I have here only a single card". That being said, you still need to have picked up the double to be able to do it. I usually use a mix of strike doubles and get-ready moves. Jason England's download/section of foundations on the DL is excellent and has a ton of useful moves/pointers.

What is the best effect people use a double to accomplish?

Feb 10, 2013
I definetily prefer the strike double lift, or the Stuart Gordon double lift. They look very natural, just like a single, so I can easily mask them as singles.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results