Best self working card effect.

Nov 25, 2008
i want to know what is the best self working card effect you do.When i say self working card there is absolutely no sleight involved,not even a break,or a set up.my fav is "chromatic paper" from karl fulves' book.post your fav ones.

Sep 12, 2007
Normandy, FRANCE
A trick that has several variations called "Devastation" (Can be found on "Miracles for Mortals" vol. 2) or "4,5,6 packet trick" (can be found on Sal Piacente's lecture notes).

Check also "The eye of Stonehenge", from Lennart Green (on Green Lite)

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
If absolutely no pre-preparation is allowed, I would go with Daryl's untouched. Absolutely gorgeous in the right hands.

If I'm allowed a bit of set up (even if it's on the fly), then Kenner's Twin Peaks is the bomb.

CL

Aug 31, 2007
England
Theres only one effect that I use and class as self working, although it does require a small set up and a force, and that is John Bannon's "Play It Straight". That routine is simply killer, probably gets better reactions than any other effect I perform.

Nov 29, 2008
"Stop!" from Harry Lorayne's close up card magic is a powerful effect. It is essentially not self working, but a little estimation never hurt anyone did it?

Jul 29, 2008
The Lie-Detector, I don't know other books it can be found in, but I just borrowed a book from a friend of mines called "Begginers Card Tricks"
It's really good, and you can present almost any patter, as long as you can think on your feet quickly.

Sep 1, 2007
Doesn't fall within the realms of "no setup", but John Bannon's mental speller from Dear Mr Fantasy is ridiculously powerful. While we're on the subject of John Bannon, he has another very powerful, shuffled deck self worker called "Timely Departure" which just. kills.

I also get a lot of mileage out of a self working "spectator does an impossible location" based off the first Bannon effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results