Between two card ideas

kjs

Sep 2, 2013
Hi

I have a personal theory on fanning out a deck of blue backed card to have a card selected, placed back, shuffled and then the cards are spread out on the table to reveal that the spectators chosen card is between two red backed cards.

At the moment, the two reds are placed at the bottom of the deck, after the card is selected I'm closing the deck, recutting it into my other hand. The chosen card is then placed (unknown to the spectator) on to top half of the deck. Then holding the faces to the spectator I move the bottom most red face in front of the chosen card, closing and squaring the deck to sandwich the chosen card between the two red cards. A couple of false shuffles and i'm done.

I just wanted to know if anyone had any better ways of pulling this off. Though my version works, I can't help but feel that holding up the cards to show them the faces seems off putting and sparks curiosity

Let me know if you guys have any ideas

Many thanks ;)

Aug 26, 2012
Bloomfield, Iowa
what I came up with was to have your two red on bottom with an indifferent card in between before the trick, control selected card to bottom with palm shift, cut or pass so the group is in the middle, spread to show the sandwhich with "their card" face down between the two red cards, cut the sandwich to the top and show the two red cards to be a pair and do a top change for the selection. Not really my style but maybe you'll dig it.

kjs

Sep 2, 2013
I had thought of using a cull spread but this still leaves me with the chosen card and two red cards on top of it :(

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
Top down: blue, red, red, rest of blue. Fan, withholding top section. Have them take out a card and look at it or sign it. While they are doing that, eat a burger, drink your milkshake, and then get a double lift ready. Do the Tilt-Move using the double from the top instead of just one card. Give the deck a small cut, then have them cut again, and you're done. Don't false shuffle. The only thing adding false shuffles does to a routine like this is add time that you "mighta sorta done something a little fishy back there a little bit" which is all you need to ruin a performance.

kjs

Sep 2, 2013
Top down: blue, red, red, rest of blue. Fan, withholding top section. Have them take out a card and look at it or sign it. While they are doing that, eat a burger, drink your milkshake, and then get a double lift ready. Do the Tilt-Move using the double from the top instead of just one card. Give the deck a small cut, then have them cut again, and you're done. Don't false shuffle. The only thing adding false shuffles does to a routine like this is add time that you "mighta sorta done something a little fishy back there a little bit" which is all you need to ruin a performance.

Great idea thanks

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results