Bicycle Vintage

Jul 23, 2010
are the bicycle vintage backs the same as regular bikes, and what would you recommend them for because im thinking of getting a couple of bricks

NO! STOP!!

If you're talking about E's 1800's only get one of each color if you REALLY want to. I thought they would be good, big mistake. Normally I applaud E's finnish for their decks.. but this one. These things will not fan for the life of them! I don't know what it is with them, but everything is just very difficult to do. I would STRONGLY recommend NOT getting them or only getting one or two.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Creepy,

Which decks are you referring to? If you're referring to their Vintage line of decks with original artwork from 100+ years ago, then they look very nice and feel great. In fact, these are Steve Cohen's favorite cards and the only ones he uses in his shows.

Jul 23, 2010
Creepy,

Which decks are you referring to? If you're referring to their Vintage line of decks with original artwork from 100+ years ago, then they look very nice and feel great. In fact, these are Steve Cohen's favorite cards and the only ones he uses in his shows.

Sorry, I should of been more specific I meant the vintage bicycle safety or fan backs.
I've been thinking of getting them for a while but the only thing stopping me from buying them is that I've heard people saying they are just like normal bikes.

NO! STOP!!

If you're talking about E's 1800's only get one of each color if you REALLY want to. I thought they would be good, big mistake. Normally I applaud E's finnish for their decks.. but this one. These things will not fan for the life of them! I don't know what it is with them, but everything is just very difficult to do. I would STRONGLY recommend NOT getting them or only getting one or two.

I compleately agree, I thought they would be worth it, but definately not. Terrrible finish, I only have them for the looks, flourishing.

These things will not fan for the life of them!

What's the obsession with fanning these days? Nearly every time someone does a deck review or gives their opinion on a deck the mention fanning and normally nothing else! I don't know about the rest if you, but when I'm performing, how well the cards fan is not a primary concern! How easy I can faro them or how well two cards hold together during a DL, now there are things to consider.

Anyway, just a thought! Right, bed, got lectures tomorrow!

Rev

Jun 10, 2010
What's the obsession with fanning these days? Nearly every time someone does a deck review or gives their opinion on a deck the mention fanning and normally nothing else! I don't know about the rest if you, but when I'm performing, how well the cards fan is not a primary concern! How easy I can faro them or how well two cards hold together during a DL, now there are things to consider.

Rev

Yeah.. No offense to t11, but even though their Stingers and great and ****... They can't faro. For crap. Not opinion, true fact.

Aug 19, 2009
Yeah.. No offense to t11, but even though their Stingers and great and ****... They can't faro. For crap. Not opinion, true fact.

Really? I have no trouble at all faroing with Stingers, Propagandas, Sentinels, or Centurions. I leave out Guardians because I don't use them often. I have yet to be disappointed by a T11 deck, purchased from T11 (we all know the "quality" of KMart Guardians). I may be relatively new to this, but T11's decks work very well for me. just my $0.02.

Rev
Because it's an importnant quality. It's not an obsession to want perfection from your cards. I'd rather have cards that can do everything you've mentioned PLUS fan, rather than not. I use fans all of the time so it is importnant to me weather they fan well or not.

Sep 27, 2010
I can't fan worth a cent right now, but I just picked up faroing, and I'll tell you this: the best faro I have yet encountered is Bicycle 125s. They just snap together so easy.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I can't faro my Sentinels to save my life but my Stingers and Guardians faro amazingly.

IMHO I like the looks of the Vintage 1800 deck on E, but they handle horribly. They clumped on me the day I got them, after only one or two performances. Save yourself some money and set a picture of them as your background on your phone or computer because they do look sweet but, quite frankly, that's the most you will get out of them! Just my $0.02

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I can't faro my Sentinels to save my life but my Stingers and Guardians faro amazingly.

Try turning them around (face up instead of face down, leading with the opposite edge). This is briefly mentioned by Homer in the Faro Shuffle instructional vid, but almost all USPCC cards are cut either face up, or face down. The direction of that cut will determine how the cards will Faro. With very few exceptions, properly cut cards will Faro very well in one direction, but very difficult in the other direction. Give it a shot!

J

Joseph C

Back on topic:

The Safety's were mass printed first. May not be Q1.

The Cupids, Tangent and Thistle were made for a 6 pack set. About 100,000 of each were printed. These are Q1.

The Racer and New Fan back were marked "first print" for magic accounts only. Q1 - highest level quality.

Highly recommended!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results