Big Bags of Money!

Sep 1, 2007
I understand if you're uncomfortable discussing it, but I was wondering how much more money one can make when performing at corporate parties, rather than at places like bars or bar-mitzvahs.

Is it worth trying to sell my soul to these rich fathers at my bar-mitzvah gigs?

I have performed at corporate gatherings and have always enjoyed it. You must be prepared to have a mature themed set that is paced and lengthy. You can't simply do the exact thing over and over as a spectator may get you to perform for someone they know, and you must always be prepared to perform something fresh.

You have to forget everything you know about performing at bars as corporate parties are so much more sophisticated. It's a much different environment.

Mitchell

I have performed at corporate gatherings and have always enjoyed it. You must be prepared to have a mature themed set that is paced and lengthy. You can't simply do the exact thing over and over as a spectator may get you to perform for someone they know, and you must always be prepared to perform something fresh.

You have to forget everything you know about performing at bars as corporate parties are so much more sophisticated. It's a much different environment.

Mitchell

Mitchell...

I would have to dissagree with you. When you're at a party, people are people. They all walk with one foot in front of the other, with one step at a time.

Truth is, what you're saying is simply not accurate from my experience. Paced, yes. But that's with everything. Lengthy, not so much. It's just another typical strolling gig, that's all. I use the same material at a corporate gig that I would use at Red Robin. Sponge balls, egg bag, and cards/coins.

If I'm doing a close-up show, it's the same stuff. I have a 25 minute close-up show that I offer, and it's the same regardless of whether it's for a b-day party of adults or for a fortune 500 company. When it comes down to it, magic is magic and people are people. Plain and simple.

Best.
Steve

P.S. And the money is completely different. I did 2 hours strolling at a barmitzvah for $300. When you're talking corporate work, expect something in the range of $500-700 for 2-3 hours strolling. Add another $200 if you do a quick (20-30 minutes??) stand-up show.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results