Blizzard and the Anything Deck -- Real Magic?

Sep 1, 2007
These two tricks are unbelievable. I just spent the entire night flooring people with these two. I don't think I want to close with anything else ever again (I probably will, but still). These tricks are so good I almost hate them for their disadvantages--the fact that I have to carry around a bunch of extra decks, the fact that they take effort to reset, the fact that I need a table to perform them.

But I am willing to abide by these setbacks, for the effect is so strong on my audience. These tricks twist all expectations. They, in my opinion, transcend the genre of card magic. They are powerful pieces of magic in their own right. And they are both pretty damn easy to do. It's all about the misdirection.

I hadn't really intended this to turn into a review, but what the hell.

Dai Vernon's got nothing on these.

So here's my question. What are some other pieces of magic that transcend their genre? What effects become more than just a card trick? And at what point is this true? When does an illusion become true magic?

Feb 28, 2008
I don't really perform and mostly just do stuff for friends as a hobby... I've found that the Invisible Deck just floors people every time I do it. Also, to me, if I'm with someone and an erdnase change impresses them, you know you have someone who really wants to be entertained and that it's magic to them.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results