Broken Pip

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
The double was nice, but you didn't show the ace long enough for it to register that it wasn't broken before.

There wasn't any presentation, so I can't comment on that, but the moves were done as well as anyone else.

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
The double was great, but wayyyy to fast. I could hardly see it. Also, for a shattering effect like that, I'd suggest a more flicking action like a cardini change or maybe a snap change. Just to make it more visual.. I don't know. But yeah good performance.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I agree with Rik on this one, it was a nice double but went by so fast that it didn't even register that something wasn't already broken on it. There is no need to rush a double....slow it down a bit.

Apr 2, 2011
Thank you very much for all the comments. To be honest, that's the natural speed of my double lift. But because of your comments, I just watched it again and realized that it was a bit too fast.

Do you guys think it'll be a good idea to put the card in the spectator's hand then slam?

Also I want to make this my first public video in youtube. Do you guys think this is good enough?

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 20, 2009
California
Thank you very much for all the comments. To be honest, that's the natural speed of my double lift. But because of your comments, I just watched it again and realized that it was a bit too fast.

Do you guys think it'll be a good idea to put the card in the spectator's hand then slam?
I would do it face up with john cornelius's flicker change or the cardini change flick the pip as you change.

Dec 11, 2010
California
As stated, great double. I'm assuming that you are slamming the card to pretend that you broke the pip?

You could even pull off a color change and as soon as its done before they see the card just slam your palm on top of it

Apr 2, 2011
Thanks guys for sharing your ideas. I'll surely test your ideas. The only problem is I'm only a begineer and can't do those difficult sleights like cardini change for now. I can only do a double lift, the pass and classic force. I also don't know how I can learn the cardini change because my mom won't allow me to order online. For now, the only learning resource that I have is the "Royal Road to Card Magic" book.

Apr 2, 2011
I learned several double lifts. Some of it came from the Royal Road to Card Magic book. Sad to say, I also used youtube a little bit. Still I wasn't satisfied because I want it to be as natural as possible. So what I did was asked several people to turn over a card and observed them well. Then I adjusted my double lift to look as close as possible to how most of those people turn over a card.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results