Charlier cut--Is this wrong.

Nov 11, 2013
I'm new (very new--2 days in) to cardistry and am going through Genesis V1. In the video Jikh says the Charlier cut begins with your index finger pulling half the deck down into your hand and then pushing with the same finger. I've also seen where people use their thumb to let half the deck drop and then push with the index finger. Is one way correct? (By "correct" I mean doing it one way will make cardistry life difficult down the road)

Oct 29, 2013
i personally find the thumb way easier. but im not saying that the index finger method is wrong, it's up to your preference really. i find the thumb way more useful as i proceed into other cuts.

Mar 22, 2013
Munich / Germany
There is no wrong way in cardistry - as long as it works for you, it's fine.
The only benefit of the "index-finger-version" is, that you have a little bit more control over the number of cards
you are dropping...however I prefer the thumb version and I never had any problems with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 31, 2013
When I do a charlier, I usually start with the deck flat in my palm, and lift up with my thumb, rather than letting cards drop. This way, you can control the amount, and still have the convenience of the thumb. The index method was always a bit tough for me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results