Collect Hers

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I love your style you are very slick. Here are my thoughts:
-The controls you use are great and nearly flawless, if any part of the trick fooled me it was this.
-It slows a bit when you insert the aces, not a huge problem but something to be aware of.
-I feel like after the aces are inserted you need to cut the cards. I would perform Andrei Jihk's "Mime" or something similar. The reason this needs to happen is to provide a moment when the magic happens. The way it stands the audience can easily find where the "Secret move" happens because it is the last suspicious move you do before the reveal. If you performed a false or legitimate cut I feel like this would help to provide a moment in time when the queens are found as well as a way to make the trick that much more deceptive. I hope that makes sense.

This is a great effect dude:)

Ahhh I really appreciate the tip goatears! I totally understand what you are saying. When was developing this, I had the intention of trying to not include any unnecessary moves so laypeople won't think that I "did something" while I was doing a fancy cut, but I definitely see the pros of doing so. Thank you!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Ahhh I really appreciate the tip goatears! I totally understand what you are saying. When was developing this, I had the intention of trying to not include any unnecessary moves so laypeople won't think that I "did something" while I was doing a fancy cut, but I definitely see the pros of doing so. Thank you!

Yeah I just worry that the spectator immediately returns to the most recent suspicious move. In this instance that happens to be a move the most crucial part of the effect. It doesn't have to be fancy but I would put some distance there.

Oh I see. Thank you for your suggestion!

The TFS's cut looks a bit too bland though...if I am going to use a false cut, I'll go by goatears's suggestion: use a fancy one to make it look like I'm doing something while performing the cut.

I've taken a liking to John Guastaferro's "Ballet Cut" lately.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results