Digital Dissolve...bigger?

Would you buy a Dollar sized version of DD if you had the chance?

• Total voters
The gimmick isn't one-of-a-kind or anything. Although it's not considered a standard coin gimmick, it is possible to buy different versions of it (for different coins).

Theory 11 selling multiple versions would only mean lost money for them.

I know what you mean, and i know what the gimmick is, but i only work in Dollars...and i know i am not the only one to think like that, so i am checking to see if it is worth pushing for it. If not, i am trying to find someone who can make me a set, i have had 3 people email me already and ask if i find someone who can make it in Dollars to let them know, and that is within an hour of me making it publicly known i am interested in Dollars

liquidsn

Tony Chang / Creator, Be Kind Change, DVR, The Uni
Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
I rather have it in Quarter form. That way you only introduce the copper coin. you can borrow the quarter. Wish Schoolcraft could do it... but apparently he can't since it is a theory11 gimmick.

Sep 3, 2007
With dollars, you can perform to a lot bigger audience and it is surely more visual...half dollars are so small, you can only perform to a very small group of people.

Ahh... I'm pretty sure the half dollar is the largest coin except to say a two dollar coin like we have here in Canada...
What kind of dollar are you talking about?
Lets take a look at this sheet of American coins... would you look at that the half dollar is the largest!
Now I can even get away with using American Half dollars in Canada! People who have never seen the coins before gladly accept that I am using them purely for there size...
Unless your talking about bills, the half dollar and english penny are perfect for this effect...

Attachments

• USCOINS.jpg
    USCOINS.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 96
Aug 31, 2007
He means dollar sized coins like Morgan Silver Dollars. Or Peace dollars. The half dollar is not the biggest coin there is.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Christopher,

I voted "No"... and here's why:

We had Jamie play around with a variety of different formats and -- by far -- what we offer here was the best looking combination. In terms of ease of use, in terms of visual aesthetic, in terms of price point, etc. Dan and BJ have been performing DD in the format shown here for years and years, and there's a reason for that.

So there's my 2. :)

matthewwhitt2

Elite Member
Ahh... I'm pretty sure the half dollar is the largest coin except to say a two dollar coin like we have here in Canada...
What kind of dollar are you talking about?
Lets take a look at this sheet of American coins... would you look at that the half dollar is the largest!
Now I can even get away with using American Half dollars in Canada! People who have never seen the coins before gladly accept that I am using them purely for there size...
Unless your talking about bills, the half dollar and english penny are perfect for this effect...

hey man, the silver dollar is larger than the half dollar, i have a few.

wpt1031

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Toledo Ohio
I vote no just because Since silver dollars aren't just all that common as opposed to Half Dollars which you can go to most banks and actually still get these no problem. So in my mind as a spectator I would be a wee bit suspicious if I saw a coin i've never seen before such as something as big as the Silver Dollar. And I actually just got one its the Liberty Peace Silver Dollar from 1922 and boy do I absolutely love it. I actually got mine from a local bank which somebody cashed them in obviously for a dollar a piece but enough sidetracking but yeah I ramble to much or maybe not enough. Like I said before its just Half Dollars are just more common then Silver Dollars

Ok guys, you make some fair points. This wasn't a poll or petition to try and make Theory11 release it in dollars, just curious as to how many in numbers WOULD get it should it come about. And if you wouldn't, i am curious why.

For me, when i work tables, i use Dollars. I have a Morgan 1921 U3F set, i have a Dean Dill expanded shell set from schoolcraft in soft peace dollars, and i have a Chinese Bit in Dollars size. I work in Dollars because they are nice, big visual coins, where EVERYONE watching can see what is being performed. I know that isn't just me, as a lot of the guys i meet have Dollars as well...in the UK, people have NEVER and will never see a Dollar coin in the life, but i have NEVER been questioned on it. People are intregued by the coins, so when i hand them out i tell them they are just chocolate money, and they have a laugh when they find out they are not. I do no routine where my props can't be examined atleast once, as in the UK, it is very different to the US as most of you know....And Jon Armstrong found that out when he was over here!!!

However, i know a lot of friends who only work in halves. Several reasons they give me...hand size is too small, 'GAFFS!!!' are more readily available in half dollar size is the most common, and price and availability are other factors. I don't want to sound arrogant, but i will pay ANY price for an effect i will use. So, i have ordered this now, in halves, so i can see at first if i even like the routine and if i will use it.

I know a lot of people who won't want it in Dollars, but as i said, i just wanted to know numbers, as coin machinests don't realllllly like making one offs, but if there were enough people interested, it might be worth it...

Sep 8, 2007
Florida
I know what you mean, and i know what the gimmick is, but i only work in Dollars...and i know i am not the only one to think like that, so i am checking to see if it is worth pushing for it. If not, i am trying to find someone who can make me a set, i have had 3 people email me already and ask if i find someone who can make it in Dollars to let them know, and that is within an hour of me making it publicly known i am interested in Dollars

Try Schoolcraft. he might make you one personally.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results