Domain Name?

Oct 6, 2007
Hey guys im thinking about making a site, but i dont know where i can make a free domain name and if none are free then i want to find the best one? anny suggestions? thanks

Hey guys im thinking about making a site, but i dont know where i can make a free domain name and if none are free then i want to find the best one? anny suggestions? thanks
There are many ways to get domain names. I will list the free ones, but they are filled with ads and are often unprofessional. You have to realize that domains are one thing, but then you must pay for your host to host your site on. Paying for a domain is simply paying for the site name, nothing else.

Free:

www.dot.tk
.TK sites are very unprofessional and are riddled with ads, I would recommend NOT getting a .TK site.

www.FreeWebs.com
I have had some good experiences with FreeWebs but once again, if you are looking to get good site exposure FreeWebs isn't the way to go.

Geocities
No comment

Paying:

I would recommend going with www.godaddy.com, I am currently using them and have nothing but good things to say about them.

:)

Mitchell

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA

I would suggest:

www.godaddy.com

or

www.networksolutions.com

Pay for your domain and if you are looking for a genuine hosting company GoDaddy also does hosting and I have been using www.one-host.com for my hosting services for the past 4 years with zero problems. If you are serious about having a decent website and/or forums and the like I would not go the cheap/free route if you are interested in having people visit your site. If I hit a site and a ton of ads pop-up it will probably be the last time I visit that site. Domain names aren't free and neither is hosting usually unless you own your own web server and if you get one for free you are still going to pay for it through advertisements and garbage on your site. Just my experience and insight though.

--Jim

Oct 6, 2007
I actually use Yahoo...no problem with that.
Btw wahts teh site you're making about? And what are you gonna use to make it?

Sep 1, 2007
Pasadena-->Mexico
well i've been using servage.net for the last 4 years and they give extra hosting space like every 5 seconds well i dont know really but i often receive mails saying that i have more space and they have also domains those are a little bit expensive so i recommend buying a domain elsewhere and host it on servage cause it is like 6.45 a month

Google Pages are great (http://pages.google.com/). These are websites with no ads, easy editor, etc. You can have several (I think up to five for free) google pages with one account. I use this a lot, and it's free! It may say you can only get them via mobile phone, but just use Fire Fox.

Word Press (http://wordpress.com/). These are actually blogs, but they allow you to have "pages" so it looks more like a regular website.

.Mac (http://www.apple.com/dotmac/). These aren't free (free sixty or ninety day trial though), and only for the mac (as far as I can tell) but they are very professonal.

Oct 24, 2007
Website

I actually find .co.nr to be better than all of those listed previously.

And trust me, I've tried almost all of those. You just sign-up for .co.nr once, they give you the url, now it isn't a .com. It's a .co.nr. All you have to do it place a super small, I'm talking like this big: [ ] add on your page and you can have the url!

I didn't have time to make my website so I used weebly.com which is super easy to use!

Anyway, those are my recommendations. Peace!

Tyler

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results