Don't Know What To Buy

Jul 24, 2008
California
I'm new here and also kind of new to magic. All I have is CC1 and I know some stuff from Ninja 1 and 2. I want to learn some more advanced sleights so I was thinking The Paper Engine or Sleightly Magical. I want to know if these are too advanced for me though. What do you guys recommend?

If your new to magic and only have CC1 and Ninja series, don't go after advanced sleights. Stick with simpler things and work up from there.

Edit: Remember, learning a sleight doesn't mean its ready to be used in a performance, master a few sleights at a time...don't just know a bunch of sleights you can do half-descent.

~PaCo

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
If you're looking for something here, try Witness.

If you want a Youtube tutorial, I'd recommend 2 Card Monte.

Aug 31, 2007
UK
I'd recommend getting either the royal road to card magic OR the card college series, both are excellent value for money.

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
If your looking for a book, I think that Expert at The Card Table is a good place to start. If you want a DVD, maybe Aldo Colombini's Standing room only, it has some great stuff, and nothing on it is too hard. But if you want something here, maybe Witness, or Believe. Both aren't too difficult, but both have some moves, so they're not self-working if thats what you were looking for. It all depends what you like.

Since you already have CC1, I say just get Card College 2. And before you go get book 2, make sure you've learned everything you can from Card College 1. If your low on the cash, get Royal Road to Card Magic, then Expert at the Card Table. (like said above)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I'm new here and also kind of new to magic. All I have is CC1 and I know some stuff from Ninja 1 and 2. I want to learn some more advanced sleights so I was thinking The Paper Engine or Sleightly Magical. I want to know if these are too advanced for me though. What do you guys recommend?

Just a note, I do have The Paper Engine. I obviously can't judge your skill level exactly, but in my best judgment, I think that it will be too advanced for you at the moment.

Peace

Jul 24, 2008
California
Since you already have CC1, I say just get Card College 2. And before you go get book 2, make sure you've learned everything you can from Card College 1. If your low on the cash, get Royal Road to Card Magic, then Expert at the Card Table. (like said above)
Sorry, I meant Crash Course 1. I want something that will take me into a little bit more advanced stuff. Think I might just get Royal Road or Expert at the Card Table. Would I then be ready for something like the Paper Engine or The Trilogy?

Sep 3, 2007
I strongly suggest the Card College series. (Five volumes) They contain a lot of the same stuff as in Royal Road, and even some stuff related to what you would learn in Expert at the Card Table. Plus, the theory section is a great great read. Once you're ready, check out these books. They'll keep you learning for a long time.

Sorry, I meant Crash Course 1. I want something that will take me into a little bit more advanced stuff. Think I might just get Royal Road or Expert at the Card Table. Would I then be ready for something like the Paper Engine or The Trilogy?

Oh sorry. I thought you meant Card College. Abbreviations suck.

But I still reccomend Card College if your serious about cards. After your done with Royal Road, you'd be pretty much ready for Paper Engine.

The Trilogy is has some hard stuff, and some easy stuff, but it's basically how much time you want to put into it, not how much you know before hand.

Get Royal Road first, or if you have more money, get Card College 1 and work your way up.

Jul 29, 2008
Yeah, Card College is pretty good, however, I recommend getting Daniel Madisons Mystique - It's pretty good, and the tricks aren't too difficult ;b

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results