Doublelift_pirouette

Sep 2, 2007
London
I think flourishy doubles can have their place, but the thinking that should go into a standard double turnover should not be underestimated. It isn't an easy thing to handle a double as casually and naturally as you would a single card. This is something I spend hours on, turning over the top card in various different ways and then trying to turn a double in an indistinguishable manner. The tendency seems to be for most magicians to go for a strike or hit double all the time, which looks absolutely nothing like a natural turnover of the top card. Again, these techniques can have their place, but the overuse of them shows a lack of consideration for exactly what the audience is supposed to see.

Sorry if somebody already said this but I don't really have time to read it all.

Ok, here is a tip.

- Somebody already said this: Try to concave the cards a bit.

- A broken in deck would be preferable for the pirouette DL but you can still do it with a new deck when you mastered the move.

- Just like in piano, do it with the TIP of your finger. Let both cards spin together. Avoid touching the card too much.

Feb 27, 2008
France
I think flourishy doubles can have their place, but the thinking that should go into a standard double turnover should not be underestimated. It isn't an easy thing to handle a double as casually and naturally as you would a single card. This is something I spend hours on, turning over the top card in various different ways and then trying to turn a double in an indistinguishable manner. The tendency seems to be for most magicians to go for a strike or hit double all the time, which looks absolutely nothing like a natural turnover of the top card. Again, these techniques can have their place, but the overuse of them shows a lack of consideration for exactly what the audience is supposed to see.

Ok i agree....

Feb 27, 2008
France
Sorry if somebody already said this but I don't really have time to read it all.

Ok, here is a tip.

- Somebody already said this: Try to concave the cards a bit.

- A broken in deck would be preferable for the pirouette DL but you can still do it with a new deck when you mastered the move.

- Just like in piano, do it with the TIP of your finger. Let both cards spin together. Avoid touching the card too much.
Thanks Bao ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results