Duck Change Done Correctly?

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
hi, ive spent quite a while finding out about the duck change and how it works etc...

anyway, recently i was told i was doing it wrong...

if anyone could clear this up, it'd be greatly appreciated, this video isnt to show a performance as this change looks better from above but then you couldnt tell if i was doing it wrong, just to show the move so ignore the card twirl etc...

thought id stick some music on anyway though...

please let me know if its wrong or right, its still far from perfection... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbsAl-dj8Kw

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
There's no "Wrong" way to do it. As far as im concerned, you're doing a pretty decent duck change there. I wouldn't say there's anything wrong.

Eugene

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
yeh, its just a correct duck change would work the best wouldnt it? and thanks btw :)

im one of those guys who wants to do everything perfectly, and if im told by a fellow cardhandler that im wrong, i want to put it right, but if thats the correct way then its fine :D

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
yes but the cards flip the same so i am doing it correctly? youve got to remember that this vid wasnt intended for the perfect performance, and yours is not really different to mine, you just hold the card a little more naturally, and that will come with time and practice, which i havent even had yet! :D

yes but the cards flip the same so i am doing it correctly? youve got to remember that this vid wasnt intended for the perfect performance, and yours is not really different to mine, you just hold the card a little more naturally, and that will come with time and practice, which i havent even had yet! :D

I practiced way too long on my Duck Change. You're right, it will come with time and practice though.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
nah man, its looks good, may i add that your tivo transpo was uber-smooth... :)

ive got time to practice now though, 2 weeks off... :D

don't be worried if your version is NOT certified by others to be the correct version. Different ppl work differently and do things a bit or a whole lot different from each other. Variations will add spice to what one is doing as well as send one into unchartered territory.

however make sure that your move/sleight looks good and smooth. the link provided by RichmanMatthew does look good but i donot think urs is bad from any angle, infact i liked it too.

keep on working and individualize it as all sensible practitioners do.

best wishes
awhan

don't be worried if your version is NOT certified by others to be the correct version. Different ppl work differently and do things a bit or a whole lot different from each other. Variations will add spice to what one is doing as well as send one into unchartered territory.

however make sure that your move/sleight looks good and smooth. the link provided by RichmanMatthew does look good but i donot think urs is bad from any angle, infact i liked it too.

keep on working and individualize it as all sensible practitioners do.

best wishes
awhan

You just said it all. Just listen to this.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results