Duo is coming soon to The Wire!

Hi everyone!

I am a 15 years old magician from Montreal, who has been devoted to the art since more than 4 years. I like card magic the best, but this first release involves coins!

Duo is a project containing two visual effects, using borrowed objects and leaving the spectator with a souvenir. They are both easy to do, and best of all, they are virtually impromptu!

The first effect, SCA (Signed Coin Across) is a visual transposition of a signed coin and a regular coin. Only 2 coins are used, they are instantly examinable, it's a borrowed coin, an instant reset and it can happen in the spectator hands.

In the second effect, TakTik, a borrowed coin is secured inside a clear TicTac box, and a symbol is drawn on the box (Sharpie). With a shake, the symbol visually appears on the coin. The box can be borrowed as well, and everything is instantly examinable.

I encourage you to check it out in the future, and give me constructive criticism so I can improve in the future! :)

Any comments would be really appreciated!

Note: If my project is not accepted (even tough I know it's original), I would be glad to send a link to the instructional video to anybody willing to learn those effects :)

Best regards,

Marc-Antoine Denis

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Sounds like some really neat stuff :) There's not a lot in the coins section so I hope you do well. Welcome to the forums I lived in Montreal for a little bit. There are a couple great brick and mortar magic shops in the area :)

Thank you! :) It's not highly complex stuff so this is why I was reluctant to show a full performance on the trailer (it would would have been easy to figure out for magicians, even tough it fools laymen), but I finally did!:)

Thank you! :) They suggested re-filming only the transposition effect, and this is what I did! I will submit it in a few days so hopefully it should be released within a week!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results