Ego Change Help

Jul 2, 2008
singapore
im having problems with my ego change. i cant get it to square perfectly at the end and im having a slight problem with the sound. any suggestions or tips would be appretiated.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
For the squaring up preoblem, try revolving the deck round at your finger tips. this facilitates the squaring because it AUTOMATICALLY does it. Very naturalistic in the context of the change too.

For the sound, slow down the action when practicing. Theres no need to do this change at hyperspeed. I feel a slow methodical execution is far more magical than the sudden startler.

CL

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
hmm, an all round square up like chr!s said is always good. Also, for the sound, try to keep your hand as close to the deck as possible without touching it, and theres no need to do it fast, it isnt the cardini. :)

Sep 1, 2007
Your hand covers a lot of the deck when doing the change, so you'd be amazed how slowly you can perform the move and still have the same effect. Try it in a mirror or something and see how slow you can do it before it's very obvious what you're doing. Also, I find a lot of the sound that happens sometimes when I do it comes not from the card moving but from the card hitting my cover hand. Experiment with different distances to see what helps you do the change as quiet as possible.

As for the squaring...instead of using an all around square up, I "clean it up" using a dribble or a riffle, which gives a reason for it not coming square to the pack and also because I do those things more naturally than the square up. You can try and work out a method for doing this easily or feel free to PM me and I can tell you mine.

Nov 6, 2007
I wouldn't worry about the sound to much. When I do it, I make it seem as if it changes by me flicking the card (I don't actually ever touch it with my right hand). So, they immediately assume that the sound it makes is my finger flicking the card. I know this from comments like "Can you do the thing where you flick a card and it changes?! HOT DAMN MAMA WOOO!!"

Ok maybe they don't say that part....

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
For the Cardini change, The deck is held more elevated in the finger tips. The change is more open, and therefore, should be executed more rapidly.

The EGO change is more covered, and thus can be executed at a slower pace.

I'd say, really, it's more about the position of the other (covering) hand that makes the difference...

Discuss.

CL

Jul 2, 2008
singapore
(tell me if this is exposure so i can edit it) so the change in tivo 2.0 is more of a cardini variation then an ego variation or from what iv heard a slip? thus cardini is more visual?

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
The Cardini seems more like a sudden shock - a very quick change. The Ego is more like beautiful magic that happens when your hand barely covers the card and it instantly changes.

I'm think the Tivo uses a modified Cardini. The Queens also uses a modified Cardini that is different to the Tivo version.

Jul 2, 2008
singapore
hmm is it me or do layman appretiate more visual magic most of the time. anyways about the cardini change as well, if your executing it with speed i also seem to get a loud sound :(

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
which is why we try to perform the most visual magic.
With the cardini, you can act like youre flicking the deck so the sound is attributed to the snap and not the card movement.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results