Face Up Forcing

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Just a quick question.

Let's assume I have a four of a kind face up with four face down cards interweaving each one. If they are the four kings for example, it would like something like: KrKrKrKr.

r for Random/Indifferent card.

Now what i want to do is force one of the face up cards, the Kings in this case. Does anyone have any decent methods without reversing and other extra moves? Or will i have to do it the hard way? I'm just looking for the most direct method. Thanks in advance.

Oct 11, 2008
I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but if I'm understand it correctly, couldn't you do a emotion force (I believe that's the name?) and just put the deck back in the same position after you get the card?

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
an attitude force. i cant remember if it was Mark Mason or Murray Hatfield but it was taught at a lecture at magi-fest. its a lot like a classic force but much more reliable with more control. it definitely fits your criteria and can be used to force any card you want face up or face down

[edit] upon looking through my notes from the lecture it was mark mason not hatfield. hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Right, sorry for being unclear.

Basically i wanted to force a face up card but without me actually seeing what the card is. If that makes sense. I think i've worked out a way now so don't worry too much.

Thanks for the help

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results