Favorite Effect in Paul Harris' Art of Astonishment Book Vol. 1 - 3

Sep 1, 2007
Just like Longman my favorite effect is "The Ultimate Rip-Off", after i read his post on his favorite effect i started practicing it ....... and its pretty amazing when done correctly, only ONE card, no gimmick, no anything. This effect can be found in Art of Astonishment Vol 1 pages 113-117.

Share your favorite effect taught in any of the 3 volumes with us.

:rolleyes:

Nov 4, 2007
blizzard twist - its actually 2 different tricks in there but that freaks people out. They visually see the color change. I am almost positive its volume 2, but i could be wrong and dont have the books with me. But trust me, its good and the reactions are awesome.

Sep 1, 2007
blizzard twist - its actually 2 different tricks in there but that freaks people out. They visually see the color change. I am almost positive its volume 2, but i could be wrong and dont have the books with me. But trust me, its good and the reactions are awesome.

Yeah the bizarre twist is found in vol 1 page 101 ..... pretty good trick.

Sep 2, 2007
???
I like his quirky tricks the most. Unshuffling Rebecca, Flap Jacks and Tuning Fork are wonderfully innovative and visually pleasing. Tuning Fork always gives me that warm fuzzy feeling.

Some of the self workers are true knock outs. Overkill is a real lay person outstander and magician fooler, with more kickers than...er....football? Similarly Galaxy is my favourite and cleanest out of this world effect I know of.

I personally love "Overkill" created by Allan Ackerman and Edward Marlo, published on page 183 of Art of Astonishment, Volume II.

Some people argue that the effect really is "overkill", but I could not love it more. :)

Jordan

Sep 1, 2007
O-M-G Laoping im glad to hear you replying to this topic. I havent gotten so far in the book yet so ...... yeah ....... :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results