Focussed - Card Flourishes

Aug 31, 2007
[video=youtube;KA422L5BmMI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA422L5BmMI[/video]

Yeah nothing too original...
My parents own a D5000, so I decided to test out the video quality. I see people like allan hagen, tobias levin, and david pedersen with card videos that have the frame just focus on the cards while everything else is blurred, which made me want to try out this feature of the slr camera lenses.

Credits:
Joey
Dan and Dave
Bone

CAndrew

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2011
I see people like allan hagen, tobias levin, and david pedersen with card videos that have the frame just focus on the cards while everything else is blurred, which made me want to try out this feature of the slr camera lenses.
It's not a feature. It's an open aperture that allows for shallow focus. A low F-stop gives more shallow focus, a high one gives less. It's not a button that blures the background. You dont need an SLR camera w/ lens to do this, a regular camcorder should be able to do it also. It's just DSLRs lenses are made to be faster like f1.2 and f1.4. Consumer camcorders dont have as large aperture settings but it is still easily achievable. Please learn about this abit more before calling shallow focus a feature. I think you didnt have your apertre open all the way since my f1.8 50 prime gets the same amount of blur from objects much closer to the camera. I believe you already saw this video http://vimeo.com/20006410 and the table is about 2 feet away. In your video its just as blurred but the background objects are much farther away.

CAndrew

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2011
^thanks for the info man
but i dont know how to do it with a regular camcorder :/

There should be a manual mode that lets you adjust the aperture. Open it all the way up(a low f stop) and if its too bright you can change the shutter speed, use an ND filter, or change exposure. Then move farther back and zoom in on the subject.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results